Not drunk but...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfstar

Reaction score
Not drunk but...I thought posting this here would geve me a little more leeway as to expressing how much some people really piss me off....

We took in a German Sheperd last week, a senior...very, very sweet. She was surrendered to us after the previous "caretaker" realised something was wrong.

The Shepherd (named Scout) was found tied to a telephone pole out in the desert. the previous caretaker kept her in a 10' x 10' breeding kennel for 4 months (outside, no shade, Arizona desert temps) and wonders why the dog is in renal failure.

We have been doing "doggy dialysis" at our facility, cooking for her, doing everything we can to give her some comfort in her final days...she has at best a few weeks....What the f*ck is wrong with people?

It does not end there, i am heading home with hay from the feed store for the horse the day before yesterday, and low and behold....There is a horse (lame and a bag of bones) wandering about in the road. I call the wife to bring a halter, we give the horse some hay and i start making phone calls. 30 or so minutes later, a new bright shiny red Ford pickup rolls by and pulls into a driveway 100 feet up the road. i head down there to ask for some water for the horse, and in passing ask "do you know who the horse belongs to?"...the fat ***** with the two Sonic brown bag specials and multiple chins says "oh...she's mine, but we don't want her anymore".

Supid fat ***** thought it was ok to let an already starving and suffering horse to suffer and starve more in the desert...while she gets fat on Sonic and Bon Bons.

I am not a nice person...she found that out.

But seriously, WTF is wrong with people that they think it's fine to let an animal suffer to death?

I'm not advocating violence, but if there was a new special on pay per view where you get to watch people who are convicted animal abusers or were criminally neglectful of animals run a gauntlet a la "Running Man"... I'd totally pay to see it

This happens all too often. I live at the edge of town right next to the desert. I take in an average of 4 dogs every summer that people just take out into the desert and leave. The really messed up thing is that there is a no questions asked shelter about a mile south of me. Its a shame I can't keep them all but I help to get them adopted and usually have no trouble. Two is about all I can keep :(

This is Egon. My 120 pound german shepweiler that I found 3 years ago left out in the desert. At that time he was 63 pounds, had distemper, and was attempting to cross the freeway. He is the SWEETEST dog I have ever met. And I grew up breeding german shepherd so I have had some sweet ones. My other dog is an awesome old 80 pound shepherd named ozzy. He was a thoroughbred in his day but at 14 years old we took him in from my parents so he could go out in some comfort (sleeps in the bed, eats salmon food etc.)

Like you said "What the *&^%*(% is wrong with people?"

Egon2.jpg

Oz.jpg

We found our dog (pit and lab mix) circling a stop sign at the intersection of a highway with a towel by him. Sweet but rambunctious dog don't know why any one would leave him. **** irritates me to no end.

You may not be quite drunk yet, but I am, so I feel comfortable saying that I would take great pleasure in personally assuring that all animal abusers suffered endlessly while begging for death. This **** is so ****ed up and I can't comprehend how people can possibly be OK with themselves after doing **** like this.

Where to start? We've fostered rescue dogs for several years now due mainly to my lovely wife but, mind you I have definitely seen the light in the meantime. I could show before and after pics that would blow your mind, dogs really are resilient creatures to say the least.

I wont even bore you with all the stories of the dogs we've helped and the ones we couldn't. This is for the afore-mentioned bastages that like to perpetuate that cruelty in this world.

You're on my blacklist...

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you on/near the Gila River Reservation?

Sadly, abused/mistreated rez dogs are all to common in AZ. :eek:

we are southwest of the Ak-Chin Indian Res. I think Gila River is mostly north of the city of Maricopa...

We do get quite a few abandoned dogs out here, usually we take them to Pinal County Animal Care and Control in Casa Grande, every once in a while we can get a no kill shelter to take one in.

Last spring someone dumped a mother and 5 puppies at the canal behind our property, they were "kind" enough to dump a full bag of Ole Roy dog food with dogs. We managed to catch them all and they went to Arizona Animal Welfare League (where SWMBO works) and were all adopted out.

Sadly, many of the dogs we find are parvo or distemper positive when we find them...

Scout, the Super Sweet German Shepherd passed over the rainbow bridge about 9pm tonight.

The wolves erupted into a pretty intense howl within seconds after her last breath, very strange, but comforting.

Scout is free now...lucky pup :eek:

Living in Asia for some years I saw what a westerner would consider abject cruelty to animals, but they could be forgiven as they are not educated in humanely putting down animals. But a westerner who deliberately mistreats any dumb animal I could without conscience put them down before I could harm any creature. Aye that even goes for Red Backs that live in my garden.

I´ll just give those people a little of their own medicine and let them go trough the same that their animals went trough. Sorry about scout, probably she is in a better place now.

Latest posts

Back