four full kegs and only two gas in lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robnog

Reaction score
I have room for four kegs in my fridge, but I can only hook two up to gas at any given time. Once all four kegs are pressurized, can I move the gas lines between kegs? It seems like a pain, but I'm not yet ready to go out an buy another regulator. I need to get an aeration system first (and a better burner, and a beer gun, and... )

You can switch the gas around without a problem.

So, don't get another regulator, make a manifold.

You could even get a couple of "T"s to connect multiple kegs, if you wanted to do this as cheaply as possible. Then, just some quick-disconnects and you're all set.

robnog said:
I have room for four kegs in my fridge, but I can only hook two up to gas at any given time. Once all four kegs are pressurized, can I move the gas lines between kegs? It seems like a pain, but I'm not yet ready to go out an buy another regulator. I need to get an aeration system first (and a better burner, and a beer gun, and... )

You may lose a bit of carbonation with this method but its possible. I would just make sure to repressurize often as your pressure will decrease as your brew is dispensed and carbonation will escape from solution. I would keep your beer as cold as possible (34-35 df) to attempt to maintain the most the co2 in solution.

robnog said:
Thanks for the quick replies!

I already have one of these running off of my regulator splitting it into to lines: http://www.brewersdiscount.com/item5079.ctlg

Is that what you mean by a "T", or do you mean a "T" that just splits the gas line into two lines?

These things - you can get them at a hardware store or a homebrew supply. This image is from Northern Brewer:

stainless-tees.jpg

You could also take the shutoff valves out of your current regulator and split the gas again using two more threaded wyes and two additional shutoff valves. This would give you 4 gas lines each with its own shutoff. I don't think it's necessary though. I'd go with the "T"s. Of course, you'll need another set of gas-in connectors too.

Switch them every other day and within a week or so, they will have all equalized in head pressure and be carbonated. Life will be good.

I got my 2-way manifold from morebeer. I went with this one because you can add onto it later if you want. ;)

They have them pre-made up to 6-way, though.

5647.jpg

Dang morebeer.com has made it hard to link in their pics!!!

I'm just about to purchase the 6-way from them. It's actually the best deal that they have. I was only going to do 4 but with shipping the 4-way manifold is only about $10 less than the 6-way...and because it's over $50 the shipping is free!

Just curious but I know that the length of the beer lines matters in balancing your system so I went ahead and got 5 ft for each keg. Does the gas line length matter in the setup?

Five feet should be enough. You will find out if you have excess foam when you pour. Currently I run 1.4 ID on the CO2 supply and 3/16 ID on the output line to the tap. The liquid line is at 6 ft. So far all beers have poured excellent with just the right amount of head.

I decided to just go ahead and use 1/4" tubing throughout since I already confused myself enough by buying both pin-lock and ball-lock kegs ;)

Latest posts

Back