Need suggestions for Unfiltered Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bizzness87

Reaction score
Hello!

So I was going to pickup my supplies for my first summer batch of the year. I was looking for something around the taste of the Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat Beer, except perhaps adding some lemon zest or something along those lines. Anyone try a recipe similar to this? I've heard the following suggestions thus far:

Hallertaur Hops, Cascade hops (dry) w/ belgian white yeast and corn sugar.

The flavor of the Boulevard is really well accented when you add the lemon wedge after pouring it, but I was thinking perhaps adding some lemon or honey spices in the secondary fermentation. Any thoughts / recipe ideas? Thanks in advance :)

I made up a clone recipe of Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat.
PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you via PDF format.
Not sure how to attach PDF to a Thread Post.

It turned out very well, especially with the usual lemon added for the summer brew taste. I'd make one change to it but that's about it. The WLP 320 may have been a little too Belgian Wit like for Boulevard Wheat. I think i'd use WLP001 or Safale US-05 next time. I've got about a half gallon left in the keg and then 4 others waiting so after that I'm going to try it again.

I think I posted it on this website somewhere, just dont remember where. Maybe check the Light Hybrid Recipes

Ok! Sent you a message and I'll search for your recipe post. My friend introduced me to the boulevard, it was really delicious. Hopefully one day I'll make sure to go take a tour of their brewery

Back