Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pulled the first pints from mine :) High school woodworking skills at their best!:D
Clone of SNCA on the left and an Amarillo Blonde on the right.
Cheers!
4977841075_7f9af13649_b.jpg

Just the standard black Haier two tap kegerator - nothing as righteous as some of yours....

....BUT none of you have a bitchin' set of tap handles like these: :D

P1010078.jpg

They're old-school bike shifter replicas (Goes with the screenname and the "theme" of my basement bar; "The HandleBAR"). (Get it? yuk, yuk).

My employer "donated" my time and the materials.... and was kind enough to let me use their equipment, too....just don't tell them, m'kay?

One of these days I'm going to get around to making a replacement cap for the tower that looks like a bicycle stem cap, too.

Just the standard black Haier two tap kegerator - nothing as righteous as some of yours....

....BUT none of you have a bitchin' set of tap handles like these: :D

P1010078.jpg

They're old-school bike shifter replicas (Goes with the screenname and the "theme" of my basement bar; "The HandleBAR"). (Get it? yuk, yuk).

My employer "donated" my time and the materials.... and was kind enough to let me use their equipment, too....just don't tell them, m'kay?

One of these days I'm going to get around to making a replacement cap for the tower that looks like a bicycle stem cap, too.

I mean really??? Who uses Campagnolo??? :D...Seriously..SIIIIIICK:rockin:

just finished mine. Ill have to get some better photos and post them soon...

Finally got around to pics and uploading them. This is a used chest freezer that I picked up. I sprayed it black and built the collar out of red oak. The top is glass tile. Holds three 5 Gallon corny kegs with the collar. I still need to fine tune the system a bit but it seems to work pretty well so far.

5of5.jpg

4of5.jpg

1of5.jpg

No tap tower until Christmas, but at least I've got the kegs and the fridge up and running! I put my first batch into a keg lastnight, and it was super easy, just gotta get a longer tube that will reach to the bottom of the keg next time for less splashing while racking.
IMG_2102.JPG

Good to know, I've got a cider to keg this weekend, that will make things a lot easier. then I don't even have to leave the lid open to the air while I fill it up.

Nice tile and flush mount drip tray!
-Ben

just finished mine. Ill have to get some better photos and post them soon...

Finally got around to pics and uploading them. This is a used chest freezer that I picked up. I sprayed it black and built the collar out of red oak. The top is glass tile. Holds three 5 Gallon corny kegs with the collar. I still need to fine tune the system a bit but it seems to work pretty well so far.

1of5.jpg

My Keezer.... Only one keg going right now... extended the top to add bottles... put a fan out of a frig to move the air around...

Keezer 1.jpg

Keezer 2.jpg

Keezer 3.jpg

Keezer 4.jpg

keezer 5.jpg

Well mine is finally together. The black is chalkboard paint.
The top is half chalkboard so I can use the back for glasses and whatever else (chalkboard paint seems pretty fragile as far as scratching/chipping).

All that is left is the tubing and putting the drip pan together.
Using a SS mud pan that I'll attach with a bit of wood and magnets.

AllDone.JPG

JustNeedTubes.JPG

So mine is finally finished. I got the blue light in and added some of Spitfire's handles.

Only problem is I have a leak somewhere. I got through a tank of CO2 in a week. I put the special detection liquid on all the joints and no bubbles :mad:

nbkegerator3.jpg

I have a leak too. I lost a 20 lb tank worth of co2. Haven't found the leak yet using soapy water.

PSA... when you think there is a leak don't stick your head in the chest freezer, lol. Did that earlier today when I was finalizing the tubing and testing it all out and burned out my nose, lol.

You can localize it by getting the room as quiet as you can and listening for it. If you can hear it start turning things off and see when it quits. Mine was a loose fitting between my primary and secondary regulators.

So mine is finally finished. I got the blue light in and added some of Spitfire's handles.

Only problem is I have a leak somewhere. I got through a tank of CO2 in a week. I put the special detection liquid on all the joints and no bubbles :mad:

nbkegerator3.jpg

Nice looking setup! I had a leaky manifold when I first put my rig together. Could never seem to nail it down, so I ended up tearing it completely down and rebuilding it. Hasn't leaked since. Had a keg not seal properly that drained a CO2 bottle, but no manifold leaks.

nbkegerator3.jpg

Very nice; what are you doing about the drain plug?

I didn't do anything for the drain plug - I didn't think that was relevant. I have a tub of Damp Rid in the bottom and have zero condensation. Should I ever need to remove any liquid in the future I planned on just sucking it out with a shop vac.

Also Jester thanks for your detailed build thread, that is what inspired the design.

Fold up paper towels and put them under the grate... that will help and make it easy to clean.

As for leaks, the main culprits for me have been the gas posts on the kegs.

After looking through this entire thread I'm even more inspired to build my kegerator. Now I just need to find a decent used fridge and get to work.

Just spent the day attaching my Renco temp controller to my kegerator and poured my absolute first pint from the kegerator. Not bad for a dude who had to spend one of his two personal days at home because he was waiting on a flat to be fixed.

PSA... when you think there is a leak don't stick your head in the chest freezer, lol. Did that earlier today when I was finalizing the tubing and testing it all out and burned out my nose, lol.

You can localize it by getting the room as quiet as you can and listening for it. If you can hear it start turning things off and see when it quits. Mine was a loose fitting between my primary and secondary regulators.

its alright to stick your head in just not too long or you may get a little messed up

Back