Hello from West Virginia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

everfrost

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to this board, although I've used it to gain a lot of info in the past.

I've been brewing for a little over a year now. I'm an extract plus specialty grains brewer. So far, I've brewed only ales, although my fav beer style is lager. I'm hoping to jump into brewing them soon, but I want to get an extra fridge and the thermo modification to make sure my temps stay right.

I've brewed four times so far. First was a porter that was very good, given the somewhat disasterous brewing procedure. Second was an apricot ale. Then a custom dark blackberry honey wheat. Finally, I've just finished carbonating a holiday spiced ale. I'm going to let it condition for at least a month before I really break into it.

I've learned a lot from this site and I thank all who post for that. I've learned a lot on my own too, from mistakes of course. I encourage all to try homebrewing and to hang in there for a few batches.

Any others here from southern WV?

:mug:
Cheers,

Chad

Welcome to HBT. This is definitely a great place to learn for a new brewer. I have my first brew, an IPA, in the secondary. It has been in there for two weeks, but I am going to give it a few more days before I bottle it. I have a few more batches on deck, but don't have the spare time to get them started yet. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. I am from the Huntington area. Where are you located?

TWilson said:
I am from the Huntington area. Where are you located?

I'm in Fayetteville, about an hour and a half from you. These boards are a great source of info, especially for BBs (beginner brewers). I think I'm going to brew another batch within a month or so. Don't know what yet though.

Back