Beer and Cider at Our Share-the-Harvest Garden Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Last night, I organized a garden party for our Share-the-Harvest gardens. At our church, there are 16 of us tending 20 gardens, for ourselves and a program called Share the Harvest, where fresh produce is shared with a local food pantry.

In addition to organizing, setting up, and cooking the burgers, I also shared two cases of beer and cider. Usually, at events like this, the cider is the popular favorite - everyone likes it, its very accessible, even to confirmed BMC drinkers. But last night, the beers went faster than the cider. Apparently, it was a more sophisticated beer crowd than I thought ;)

I served two of our beers:

Summer Solstice Pale Ale, an English style pale ale made with the Fullers yeast strain and Fuggles and EKG hops http://www.singingboysbrewing.com/PaleAle.html and

Short Nights IPA, an American style IPA made with Bravo, Ivanhoe, Centennial and Cascade organic hops http://www.singingboysbrewing.com/Short-Nights-IPA.html

The idea of me as wealthy is quite funny ;)

Depends on your definition of wealth...

Having a massive supply of fantastic home brewed beverages, time to garden and give back to the community you live in as well as the HBT stuff...one could argue that you are WEALTHY! :mug:

BTW Grats and Cheers for your endeavors!

Depends on your definition of wealth...

Having a massive supply of fantastic home brewed beverages, time to garden and give back to the community you live in as well as the HBT stuff...one could argue that you are WEALTHY! :mug:

BTW Grats and Cheers for your endeavors!

In that sense, I am deeply fortunate!

Latest posts

Back