So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting ready to take first runnings from my spring saison. Giving this one 90 minutes of saccarification time.

This is my second brew in as many weekends. Got two more planned for Easter and the next Sunday.

Made my first brew of the season yesterday. Using cultivated wild yeast for the first time, so kept a very simple grist, etc. Now I need to do something I can drink sooner.

Going to work on a cream ale (of 3 crops) this weekend. After that a honey pale ale and my house pale ale on consecutive Sundays.

I want to, but we had a long talk the other night and we're finally going to buy the house we've been renting for 10 years and money will be tight for a while. Of course, I can brew a batch for about $15 since I have hops and yeast....what's $15....could be a raspberry cream ale to use up the raspberries I have in the freezer....shut up, conscience!!!

Just finished up a Left Hand Milk Stout clone and Fulton's Imperial Red on a double brew day. Just shy of the gravity numbers on both but had a lot of extra wort so... More beer.

Happy Great Friday!

I made a Hefewiezen (with my first step mash), and a brown ale. Both beers were doughed in by 6am, in the fermenters, cleaned up and equipment away 11am.

Given all that comes with a holiday weekend with the family I decided to brew tonight. Mashing my cream ale now which means I will be finishing about 2:30am!

Yay, beer...

Was going to hit up the LHBS tonight, but decided to be a good wife and wait until tomorrow when I can ask the husband nicely if I can spend $20 on grain. Stupid conscience.

Too nice of an evening in NorCal to waste, so, what's a guy to do?!? Mashed in at a little after 8p. My first NEIPA ("Juicy Bits" clone.) Nailed my mash temp, so we'll see where she goes from here. Got lazy and didn't mess with my water, so no clue what we're going to end up with, but I know it will be beer, and given the crap ton of hops I have planned to go in, pretty sure it'll taste good, too! :)

R

10 Gals of an Irish Red Ale. Looks great! Gunna have to drink more or give it away to keep up with production! lol Want to brew again next weekend, running out of fermenters and kegs. Good problem to have I guess! Cheers everyone, Happy Easter if your so inclined.

Was going to hit up the LHBS tonight, but decided to be a good wife and wait until tomorrow when I can ask the husband nicely if I can spend $20 on grain. Stupid conscience.

Spent $28 and got enough to do two batches. Sometimes I win one. I will write on the blackboard 1,000 times, I will not use my power for evil but for good (beer).

Brewed a kumquat saison today. 5lb pils, 1lb red wheat, magnum for bittering, WLP644. Gonna let it sit on 3-6lb of frozen kumquats for ~2 weeks after primary and then do a big dry hop with mandarina bavaria and belma.

Just finished a Bohemian Pils SMaSH. First brew on my new BIABIAB system (the bag went in a basket so I gave myself a bonus IAB).

The wort has to chill on its own; no wort chiller at ths location. It's only 30° in the garage so it shouldn't take all day. I did hit the predicted post mash gravity. The OG sample is cooling now.

Brewed a Blonde Ale yesterday

IMG_1127.JPG

Made up a Belgian IPA this morning. Lots of hurdles today...

Used my pilsner grain accedentially on another beer...subbed maris otter
ran out of propane
propane tank wouldnt flow at first
while bottling an oatmeal stout, the bottling want got stuck and sprayed beer everywhere

finally sitting on the couch with a cold beer

For once there's plenty in the pipeline and coming up in fermenters, so no brewing this weekend...however I'm about 95% decided to bottle the raspberry cream ale I brewed last weekend, so today will be bottle washing (ugh) after dumping out the horrible Holiday ale I did last November. Haven't bottled a whole 5 gallon batch in months, this ain't gonna be fun.

It's a honey pale ale kinda weekend! Going to the lhbs to grind my grains and resupply. Also need to clean some bottles for a saison I brewed 2 weeks ago.

So many beers... So little time.

Mashed in a RIS about 2 hours ago, boiling now. Planning to innoculate this one with oak and bourbon, then forget about it for six months or so..... :)

Missed my pre-boil SG, but overshot the volume, so settled in for a longer boil than planned to adjust. Whatever, I'm brewing, the sun's out (mostly), and I've got a stogie in hand.

Brew on!

R

Started a 10 gallon batch of Blonde Ale. Will add freshly frozen Mandrin Juice in 7 days.

Mash pump just got stuck so I think I will have another beer....

Scored $100 on a scratch ticket yesterday, so a "sick" day and a quick trip to the LHBS has me mashing in right now on a Racer 5 clone. Love that beer, haven't done it since I fixed a LOT of issues with my process. Gonna be a good brew day! And since I bought a full bag of grain, will do my Kolsch either tomorrow or Sunday. Yippee!!

If Monday counts as the weekend.. I’ll be giving a lesson on brewing (and more specifically all grain) to my brother and his roommate who have recently developed an interest in the hobby!

Trying out my new Big Mouth Bubbler on Sunday. I’ll be doing a NB Hefeweizen kit. It’s my third batch and first using liquid yeast as well, I’m excited to see if it makes a difference.

I'm going to try to get a brew in on Wednesday now that school's out for the term. Planning a Czech Pils, already got a yeast starter with WLP802 going.

Up at the crack of stupid to exchange the propane and pick up the new pH meter from the Amazon locker. Mash right at 5.3, happy! Doing a blonde that will be fermented with 34/70 and kept cold in the garage. Forgot to get pilsner yesterday so not a Kolsch but first real attempt at a lager.

Just hit alpha rest temp.

Beer #4 in a series of pilsners i'm makign with (nearly) the same grain bill, but with different hops. This time i'm revisiting an old favorite that is about as non-traditional as possible: Cascade.

Right now I am in the middle of a 90 minute mash of a Belgian Wit. Going to use Indian coriander along with zest from blood oranges and Minneola tangelos, and a small amount of crushed pepper corns, with 5 minutes remaining in the boil. It's a good day on the back porch!

John

Just did an IPA to bring to a soccer tournament on Memorial day.

ESB, flaked oats, a little carared and carapils. (really, really loving ESB)

Bittered with Warrior. From there out at 20, 2, and hop stand - featured Strata and Amarillo supported by Mosaic and Citra. Dryhop will be same.

Omega DIPA (OYL-052) pitched with a 1.25 Liter starter.

OG of 1.067 and a low mash. This should be off the charts.

NEIPA brewed this morning, MOPA, Bohemia, Cara and Vienna malts, plenty of motueka, cascade and citra for flavour - 1048 post boil, time to try out my new cornies !

Damn Ice storm just knocked out power! Luckily I was just about to dough in so we will wait to see what happens. Gotta love spring in Chicago

Right now I am in the middle of a 90 minute mash of a Belgian Wit. Going to use Indian coriander along with zest from blood oranges and Minneola tangelos, and a small amount of crushed pepper corns, with 5 minutes remaining in the boil. It's a good day on the back porch!

John

Can you post the recipe pls, how much pepper are using ?

Bored off my butt today so did a hop inventory...and now I'm mashing in on something that should be dank, citrusy, and tasty. 12lbs pale, Warrior to bitter, and a mix of Columbus, Amarillo, and a tiny bit of Simcoe (cause that's what I have left) for flavor and aroma, and toying with dry hopping just once with Columbus. Third brew in as many days, but the lager I did yesterday ain't gonna be ready for at least 6 weeks so wanted to do something else with my day other than staring at fermenters and lurking here. Although I'm doing that anyway. Calibrated the new pH meter, mash was dead on at 5.3 so I'm doing something right.

Back