Chugger Replacement Housing Oring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milldoggy

Reaction score
Does anyone know what size the chugger stainless head oring is? I was having some issues with my pump, so I took it apart for a look. When I went to put it back together the oring was to large. Chuggers part number is 109824 - housing oring. I was thinking I should just order a bag from McMaster carr.

Thanks

Don't know the part number. But I recall that they sent an extra one with the pump, did you check the original package? Also I wonder if it is the same as the March pump o-ring since the pump is a clone of that.

I did not see one in the original box. If there one was hiding in there, it is long gone. Thanks though.

Contacted Chugger and they are sending a new head. Unbelievable customer service. Can't thank them enough. Wonder if I will get the new head or the older. Either way super happy.

Thats cool! I had the same issue with my stainless chugger head... I ordered the replacement march pump o-ring off Northern brewers website and that worked out fine.

Yeah, Mike @ Chugger is pretty generous. I think he chalked the entire first run up to R&D expenses.

You can get one from McMaster...its the same as our's. Look for an ASA -036 which is a 2-3/8"ID with a 2-1/2"OD with a 1/16"CS and you can pick what ever material you want from McMaster or any other supplier. Ours are normally silicon rubber.

-Walter

Worked for me. I have the first green chuggers and the black ones right after them, maybe the pump head changed

I purchased the ones recommended from McMaster-Carr. These are red and fit perfectly in the March pump. They don't fit in the Chugger classic pump. The classic Chugger pump o-ring is white/silicone, a bit larger and not as round as the March pump o-ring.

Not that it has any bearing but fwiw an id of 2-1/2" with a 1/16" diameter should result in an OD of 2-5/8"...

Cheers!

Above is McMaster part #9396K117. Pack of 10 for $7.26 (plus tax and shipping).

Does anyone have the classic Chugger straight inline SS head to check the size of the large o-ring?

You're missing the other side of the circle :)

To get the OD from the ID plus the thickness it's ID + (2 * thickness), so it's actually 2-1/2" + 1/16" + 1/16" or 2-5/8" OD...

o_ring_basics.jpg

Cheers!

I know this is an old thread, but I am still unable to locate a inexpensive source for the Chugger large o-ring.

1st photo shows the Chugger head.

2nd photo shows the Chugger head on top and the March pump on the bottom.

3rd photo shows a March o-ring on the left and a Chugger o-ring on the right.

In my experience the March o-ring doesn't work in the Chugger pump.

Chugger head.jpg
Pump heads.jpg
Pump large gaskets.jpg

I had the same experience as you. March o-ring will not fit in the chugger. I tried a 3/32" o-ring and it was too thick. I wonder if it is a metric size? 1/16" = 1.59 mm 3/32" = 2.38 mm Perhaps 2mm thickness and 65 mm (2.56") ID? Or 60 mm (2.36")? In the photograph above with a ruler, it appears to be less than 2.5"

Back