Great Beer names

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you should post some more cool image macros deutsche

that's what this thread is about right? image macros from 2002?

anyway my brewery will be called Broke Down Brewery (cuz I'm so damn poor all the time). We'll have:
1) Down N Out Stout
2) Got a Quarter? Porter
3) Ridin' the Rail Ale

I have a few others that I can't think of right now.

I've got:
Aunt Flo's Rasberry Wheat.
Sir Gary Coleman British Mild, he's little, brown, and English.
Deacon Booze Barleywine.
Miami Weisse, the original.

:mug:

Here's a couple of names I've come up with...I dont think they've been taken.
Stout of the This World
Pumpkin Aint Easy
Fuller-Schitte IPA
Saison's Greetings
Porter-Manteau
May the Worts Be With You
Kolsch and Effect
Faith, Hops and Love
Czech's in the Mail
Weisse Upwichu
Screw You Amber Horse You Rode In On
Mark of the Yeast

My buddy was once brewing, and after chilling the wort noticed that a used washcloth was hanging half in / half out of his freshly cooled wort. Must of knocked it in somehow...

Anyway, after sweating out whether or not it was infected throughout the rest of the process, it turned out fine.

It was dubbed Dirty Dishrag IPA....

Woulda been even better if he had been brewing a dunkel, dunkelweisen, Dubbel, doppelbock, dortmunder or a dusseldorf... hehe....

Made a RumpleSTOUTskin a while back.

My last was a brown-eye ale.

And in my primary is Kimbo Porter.....for obvious reasons.

I also cloned the Green Flash West Coast IPA and was hoping it would be a close match (and also full of hops). So I called it Hopfully IPA.

I have a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone that I made with a friend. It was his first and he was all worried. So I told him to RDWHAHB. I called it Hakuna Matata Pale Ale.

And others:
Harpooned IPA (Harpoon IPA clone)
Tea Party Lager (Sam Adams Boston Lager clone made recently)

Brewed a milk stout last weekend and being in Colorado and all, gonna call it "Mountain Goat Milk Stout"

Two that come to mind:

Blue Chunks: a blueberry pale ale I made years ago.

Yeast Infection: a xmas ale

need some help with a clever name, that I am about to start brewing. Its an American Cream Ale, with an ABV that should be between 18% to 24% depending on the end product. I was thinking kick your ass ale, not sure if that sounds right. My name is Spanky's Brew..some different brewery names would be helpful, not sure if i like the one I have made. I live in Indiana....any suggestions would be helpful as I am a new brewer.

I have a few. I have a stout that I call Trouser Mudd. It's poking fun at my friend, who had an accident on the side of the Palisades Parkway in New Jersey one day.

Also my seasonal beers are all named after one of my cats. His name is Balthazar, but we nicknamed him Balz (pronounced "balls"). So for each season and my holiday brew I have:

Jingle Balz (holiday)
Snow Balz (winter)
Sticky Balz (spring)
Schweddy Balz (summer)
Scary Balz (autumn)

Red hop poker for my recent hoppy red ale.

Oak aged pensioner for my recent oak aged bitter.(in England old people are known as O.A.P's as in old aged pensioners).

My wheat beer I called weihenstephanesque as it'll be similar to... well I'll let you guess.

Most of these beer names are not something that makes me reach for a cold pint and slurp it down with a smile... :)

Hopgasm from 5 Seasons Brew Pub in ATL

Polygamy Porter

My two favorite and approachably drinkable names :)

need some help with a clever name, that I am about to start brewing. Its an American Cream Ale, with an ABV that should be between 18% to 24% depending on the end product. I was thinking kick your ass ale, not sure if that sounds right. My name is Spanky's Brew..some different brewery names would be helpful, not sure if i like the one I have made. I live in Indiana....any suggestions would be helpful as I am a new brewer.

How's about "Spanky's spooge" for your epic cream ale? ;)

I did an oatmeal stout and oaked it. It was my "Oak-Meal Stout"....(seems more lame when typed out)

You're right. I should've prefaced that a sense of humor was needed to 'get it'.

:mug:

I thought they were funny. Me and some friends have come up with a bunch but they are too inappropriate to post.

I've spent a good deal of timing coming up with clever names. So far I have:
Hoppicratic Oath (Hoppy IPA)
Malterior Motive (Malty Dark Ale)
Black Hops (Black IPA if I ever formulate the recipe and get around to brewing it)

I am relatively new to brewing and have only 1 recipe to my name.

C3PA Return of the Darkside. It's a black Ipa with cascade,centennial, and chinook hops.

ForumRunner_20110701_152830.jpg

BeerLabel.jpg

I have since made:
"Ben" the Black Ale
"Leonard" the Brown Ale

using the same style of "Hello: My Name Is" with different colors. I use bottle cap labels so I don't have to de-label.

I have:
Magnanimous IPA, lots of magnum hops
Sardonic Knight, black IPA
Mahogany Mayhem, double honey brown
Nightmary Cherry, light cream ale that usually gets stuck in the sparge phase because of corn
Wit a Mess, belgian dubbel

I almost forgot "Modus Hoperandi" from Ska Brewing in Durango, colorado

I had a mix of light and dark grains so I brewed them into something I called "Harlequin Brewmance". FWIW that was not a good tasting beer.

I made a DIPA that came out just awful last winter but we were having a "homebrew crawl" (with Troegs' master brewer as judge) and I decided to enter it anyway.

I called it "President Mubarak's Imperial Fail Ale"

+20 internets to you. :rockin:

For my own, I'm not big on naming every one of my brewz, but I'm working on a 100% British-based ESB in Beer Alchemy which I lovingly dubbed "Buggerf*ck".

Bwahahahah, that's bloody excellent:rockin: Nice one:fro: Follow it up with a nice IPA; a double buggerf*ck Irreconcilably Painful Arse:D:drunk::mug:

My wife usually comes up with the names of our beers. She's had some pretty good ideas:
Darth Malt Russian Imperial Stout - "Experience the Dark Side"
Brew Balls Blueberry Pale Ale
Brown Eye-P-A (the label would be a picture of the southern end of a north-bound dog, and each bottle would have one of these around the neck)

...to name a few.

There's a guy who writes for the Shepherd Express here in Milwaukee and he always uses "fock" in place of another word. In honor of him, Lakefront Brewery makes a Focktoberfest.

Back