It's Red Dawn, not Dirty Dancing dammit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sad that Patrick has passed away, but he did battle pancreatic cancer longer than most.

But for the last time - his big movie was Red Dawn - NOT Dirty Dancing!

WOLVERIENES forever!

Thx for a great acting career, and sorry that you got cut short by that horrible cancer.

my local news had a poll about your favorite movie of his and there were like 10 movies... no Red Dawn.... ****ing bastards..

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

by the the way eddys applvieses is reaally strong....

kfc is closed
im going to read some phillip k dick and probly kill my cat

red dawn was awesome I saw it when I was in like 3rd grade and thought for sure it was going to happen

red dawn was awesome I saw it when I was in like 3rd grade and thought for sure it was going to happen

Yeah, I think a lot of people viewed it as a training film.

(The "Ghost Sequel" quip was very funny. Maybe a little too soon but funny. Besides, I heard he's been dying to make that sequel for a while now.))

It is sad to see him go, he seemed like a genuine person and not the typical phoney Hollywood type. He fought the good fight.
It's a toss up between Red Dawn and Roadhouse. I like them both. Roadhouse has some nice T&A, which Red Dawn doesn't, but Red Dawn is just a very cool movie.

Point Break
Roadhouse

Everything else

I agree, didnt seem to be the pompous ass that felt the need to tell us all our cars were too big, heat was up too high and werent saving enough starving children.

The blonde in Roadhouse was HAWT tho'.

Don't forget there were two hot blonds in that movie.

julie.jpg

p5.jpg

I convinced my jack a$$ roomie that red dawn was based on real events.Great movie,his best in my opinion.Roadhouse was good but the scene where he out runs the dirt bike was a little out there.Pointbreak was good but what about the outsiders,it was a smaller role but he was great in it.Seemed like a cool guy with a good sence of humor(the snl skit with chris farlry)to bad.

Red Dawn was good, but Donnie Darko is one of my favorite movies.

I vote Point Break then Red Dawn.

Never saw Roadhouse (I know, I know) but then again I never saw Dirty Dancing, either, so it evens out.

Right?

No... I don't think it evens out.

[plucking man card out of your girlish grasp and walking away shaking my head]:D

I have no idea which is my favorite... Red Dawn probably... Roadhouse and PointBreak are up there as well.

Heres a homebrew for you, Patrick :mug:

Never saw roadhouse... shecky, I shared that here at work and we would all like to pitch in to rent you roadhouse.

Not the TV version. They always cut out the first scene.

Which is why it is the best man movie ever from Patrick

No disrespect to the guy, he's dead and all.......But to be discussing the best films of Patrick Swayzee? Let's just discuss the musical genius behind The Partridge Family's greatest hits.

......And when I say no disrespect, I mean it sincerely.

Point Break, obviously!

"If you want the ultimate, you gotta be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love."

You can't beat gems like that.

And yes, I've typed that quote more than once today.

Road House??? I've seen Pr0n with more plot and less continuity errors than Road House.

Which would you recommend? It's been a while since I watched pr0n with a plot.

Return to the Pink Lagoon
was my childhood favorite. But when I was at home, I was stuck with skinemax movies...like Roadhouse.

Road House??? I've seen Pr0n with more plot and less continuity errors than Road House.

which is the sheer genius of all the master's patrick aligned himself with.

I think the reason I like Roadhouse better than point break is that you dont lose Patrick to all the lesser actors and all the guns.

:D

No disrespect to the guy, he's dead and all.......But to be discussing the best films of Patrick Swayzee? Let's just discuss the musical genius behind The Partridge Family's greatest hits.

If only they could have been brought together in one great martial arts inspired musical jamboree.....

SIGH!

:fro:

In order of bestisists... :D

Ghost - Best "I want to get in touch with my softer, feminine side" flick

Roadhouse - Best "tough guy" flick

Point Break - Best "adrenaline junkie" flick

Point Break was a pretty good action film. Well shot and executed.
The director just put out an Iraqi war film.. The Hurt Locker. It is REALLY good.

I liked Roadhouse, and Ghost. But Red Dawn really worked for me.
The John Milius script was tight and near perfect.

I never saw next of Kin. Will add to netflix list.

I liked Patrick Swayze... He died way too soon.

I would have cast Patrick and the original Wolverines as the Bad guys in a Red Dawn remake/retelling. The script practically writes itself.

:mug: Seeing Swayze's name on a movie was always a deal breaker for me.

which is the sheer genius of all the master's patrick aligned himself with.

I think the reason I like Roadhouse better than point break is that you dont lose Patrick to all the lesser actors and all the guns.

:D

Gary Busey ? A LESSER actor ??? He alone balanced out Swayze and Reeves.

Point Break was epic. One of my last VHS tapes next to Master P's Da Last Don, one the unintentionally funniest movies ever.

Back