Three tier stagger/Counter flow/Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDFST507

Reaction score
Hey,

I've lurked around here for some time now and have gotten tons of info so I thought Id share pics of my three tier I made. The frame is made of a few old bed frames that were in my attic. I also made a counterflow chiller with a washing machine pump that works great for about 30 bucks, and also my mini kegerator.

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

Wow, way to use what you have!

What's the outer hosing on the CFC? Also, how did you go about cleaning the pump to ensure you beer doesn't smell like Tide? :D

The outer hose is a super cheap and flimsy garden hose I had laying around. It looks kinked, but thats just how flimsy it is. LOL, yeah I didn't want my beer tasting like dirty gym socks so I took the housing apart and cleaned with a soft brush and bleach solution, let that soak over-night. Then cleaned with bleach solution two more times. Ran about 15 gallons of boiling water through it, ran through and soaked in PBW and then StarSan.

The outer hose is a super cheap and flimsy garden hose I had laying around. It looks kinked, but thats just how flimsy it is. LOL, yeah I didn't want my beer tasting like dirty gym socks so I took the housing apart and cleaned with a soft brush and bleach solution, let that soak over-night. Then cleaned with bleach solution two more times. Ran about 15 gallons of boiling water through it, ran through and soaked in PBW and then StarSan.

Wow, very thorough. Well done!

Where did you get the tap handles?

I got them on Etsy.com....guy customs makes them, I believe his user ID is themailmandidit I just did a search for tap handles. There are a ton of really cool hand made tap handles too.

Back