• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brew Magic System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Brew Magic System for sale, Less than 1 year old. Great deal.

Includes:
  • Brew Magic System (like new, only 9 months old, with color controls display)

• Sabco Chill Wizard
  • Tri-clamp professional fittings throughout
  • Sabco 15.5 gal Fermentor
  • Sabco Select 15.5 Sanke (secondary/serving vessel)
  • Hoses and Regulator for racking beer.

[*] Cover

This is a complete pilot system. Makes great beer. Getting ready to move, and need to downsize my equipment.

Paid $8014.00 and prices have gone up several hundred dollars.

Asking $6,900

Pickup only.

4710891858_38b558fcb2.jpg

The brewery I work for has one for their pilot system... Wish I could afford one of my own...

Transferring from the mash tun to the BK during sparging, is there a hose connected from the spout on the mash tun that goes into the BK which reaches to the bottom? The reason why i ask is because I know some people don't like the wort coming out of the mash tun and just "falling" into the BK which splashes and creates bubbles, injecting O2 into the wort?

Transferring from the mash tun to the BK during sparging, is there a hose connected from the spout on the mash tun that goes into the BK which reaches to the bottom? The reason why i ask is because I know some people don't like the wort coming out of the mash tun and just "falling" into the BK which splashes and creates bubbles, injecting O2 into the wort?

These are plumbed in with Stainless Steel Plumbing.... no splashing.... You either use the supplied tube that lays on the grain bed -or use a rotating sparge arm. (I have this same system). It is amazing. These Brewmagic alone is now $6500 shipped. I bet you will miss this thing! Sorry you have to sell it.

Sparge arm or tube that lays on the grain bed? I'm not talking about transferring water from the HLT to the mash tun, i'm talk about Mash Tun to Boil kettle. I'm not understanding your response to my question. In other terms I understand you answer.

From the mash to the boil the wort just falls. The design is nice because it it is easy to disassemble and clean. Also having the outlet up high it allows you to see the wort going into the kettle so that you can visually see how fast your sparging, and tell when the transfer is complete. I don't really think it matters at this point, since you still have yet to boil, and you actually want some oxidation in your wort for fermentation. It's after primary fermentation, (at room temperature) that you want to be careful of oxidation. At this temperature your not going to have bacteria or off flavors produced from a little bit of splashing.

I guess my thought would be, "Does it matter?" If it doesn't have something that goes all the way to the bottom of the BK, would it be a deal breaker to add that on yourself? In the grand scheme of things, I don't see a $5 silicone hose being a deal breaker. Just my .02

Nice system. Hope it goes to a good home.

Sparge arm or tube that lays on the grain bed? I'm not talking about transferring water from the HLT to the mash tun, i'm talk about Mash Tun to Boil kettle. I'm not understanding your response to my question. In other terms I understand you answer.

Oh Sorry, From the mash tun to the boil... there is a long stainless tube that goes 3/4 of the way down into the boil kettle. No splashing.

I guess my thought would be, "Does it matter?" If it doesn't have something that goes all the way to the bottom of the BK, would it be a deal breaker to add that on yourself? In the grand scheme of things, I don't see a $5 silicone hose being a deal breaker. Just my .02

Nice system. Hope it goes to a good home.

It's not a deal breaker, i was just wondering. I'm not even interested in this unit, I am building a system based off the brew magic and i've never seen one in person or pictures of the dip tube. So i figured I would ask someone who owns one.

FYI, ask any professional brewer, they don't want any splashing during any point of the brewing process where o2 can get into the wort.

FYI, ask any professional brewer, they don't want any splashing during any point of the brewing process where o2 can get into the wort.

There are differing opinions on hot side aeration. Not everyone views it as something to worry about.

pola0502ds said:
It's not a deal breaker, i was just wondering. I'm not even interested in this unit, I am building a system based off the brew magic and i've never seen one in person or pictures of the dip tube. So i figured I would ask someone who owns one.

This cracks me up.... You Don't want to get o2 in the wort.......? I guess you wouldn't like my oxygen stone. Lol. I inject pure medical grade o2 into my wort.

O2 preboil is a different thing than o2 postboil... That said I think hsa is a wives' tale... Sure wish I could afford this system...I love it at the brewery...

There are differing opinions on hot side aeration. Not everyone views it as something to worry about.
Hmmm lets see during the boiling process all oxygen is removed and than after chilling and pitching yeast we oxygenate the wort for the benefit of the yeast,so how could a little pre boil splashing hurt anything?....B.....

Back