co2 tank question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennie1986

Reaction score
I have gotten 6 kegs off my first 5# tank and I had 1.2#'s left when I just kegged my latest ipa. I know I can get through this keg with what I have left but im wondering if I should just exchange it and get a fresh one. I have several carboys on deck and could keg at least one of them right now but I don't want to run out of gas while im trying to carb my ipa. how do the rest of you guys do it, bite the bullet and let them come up on my left over gas or be a cheap sob and let the tank run out? I plan on getting a second tank down the road to be able to just swap at a moments notice when I drain one completely.

I'd hook it uip and let them go. If u got thru 6 kegs on less then 4 lbs, u should have enough to carb them. Just keep an eye on it for the second one, u might need to get it filled as it finishes carbing.

You gotta feed the addition, get another tank and regulator. You don't run out, use it to purge new tanks, carb kegs in the fermentation chamber.
Win,win,win

Back