Transfer from Brew Pot to Connical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wtrskr495

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am just starting to draw up some plans for a 3 tier gravity fed system using 3 converted kegs. I am also looking into investing in a connical fermenter providing the money is there. I was curious as to some common ways to transfer the the wort out of the brew kettle into the fermenter being that the kettle will most likely be too heavy to lift and pour.
Thanks,
Jerid

If the muscles can't do it...and why bother straining the back, pump it in. Just get the pump running during the boil to heat sterilize it and when the wort is cooled transfer it over. Add some quick d's and your life will be real easy.

I just finished a 3-tier gravity system and have brewed on it 3 or 4 times this year. I'm already itching for a single-tier, pump driven system!

If you want to use gravity, you could simply raise the height of the system, where you could gravity drain into the fermentor (although I understand this may be fairly high). I built my system to gravity drain into my tallest carboys and it works fine. I built it compact enough to see inside my 7-gal MLT without a ladder and I can get by even with the 10-gal MLT, but without a sightglass on the HLT, I have to use a ladder to fill the HLT with pre-measured water.

Brew_Stand_Angles.jpg

I usually gravity feed, through my chiller and into the fermenter via the racking port. Just keep the bottom of the kettle above the top of the fermenter. :ban:

I have a single tier so my BK is pretty low. I use a pump tp pump mine into the cellar where my conical lives. I think I could get away with gravity but a pump makes it so much faster.

I just finished a 3-tier gravity system and have brewed on it 3 or 4 times this year. I'm already itching for a single-tier, pump driven system!

If you want to use gravity, you could simply raise the height of the system, where you could gravity drain into the fermentor (although I understand this may be fairly high). I built my system to gravity drain into my tallest carboys and it works fine. I built it compact enough to see inside my 7-gal MLT without a ladder and I can get by even with the 10-gal MLT, but without a sightglass on the HLT, I have to use a ladder to fill the HLT with pre-measured water.

Brew_Stand_Angles.jpg

That looks DANGEROUS!!!

Don't you realize how easy it would be to knock your beer over?

;)

I gravity feed into a ss 11 litre pot. I then take it into another room and dump it in my temp controled conical. Repeat. No need for a pump. It helps that I am electric and brew indoors. If I was outside, I would still do it that way. Lots of trips downstairs though.

Latest posts

Back