DME w/o carapils

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
elaborate a little?

maybe you need to switch to all grain if you need that much control over what's going on? Control is what caused me to make the jump to partial mash and then all grain (but I'll still do an extract kit occasionally)

elaborate a little?
maybe you need to switch to all grain if you need that much control over what's going on? Control is what caused me to make the jump to partial mash and then all grain (but I'll still do an extract kit occasionally)
I am an all grainer. I would like to add some DME to my larger batches to keep the grain in the mash tun. Would like just plain ole pils or pale DME with no c-pils but can't find any...

I'd bite the bullet and use LME from Northernbrewer since they at least list the contents of the LME varieties.

Problem is when the say 100% barley it still containd C-pils. C-pils IS barley. Would like to to read 100% pils or 100% 2-row w/o the non fermentables.

Just saw this. It says clearly 100% "Klages" barley. Not sure how you're getting that it will have carapils in it. I know carapils is barley, but isn't it crystal (kilned) malt, albeit an extremely pale one?

Rev.

i was reading my williams catalog and its LME/DME doesn't mention carapils either.

I'm starting to think we need you to cite your source that it has carapils

Latest posts

Back