What do all those buttons do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunemarshall

Reaction score
Greetings from Central IL! Great Forum, I am having a ball and learning so much, this forum is keeping me sane while my first batch sits in the fermenter. Next batch is waiting to brew, just need to move the primary to the secondary.

Here is my question, I couldn't find a thread specific to this so if there is one, point me to it.

Being new to this, I am planning out my brewing space and setup. Looking at all of the pictures of setups and control systems I am just stupified. What do all those fancy buttons and knobs do? Does all that tech improve things? Cause if it does, I need a system! And if it doesn't, I need a reason to buy one anyway.

all the best,

Kevin

High tech gadgets can make the brewing process faster, but not necessarily better. Great beer was being brewed thousands of years before temperature controllers, PIC's and even hydrometers even existed. Take the time to learn the basics well before complicating the process with high tech gadgets.

Tom

As I understand it the major benefit of the high tech systems is repeatability.

Welcome to HBT...I was born and raised in Champaign!

I have no high tech gadgets, just a stove, kettle, 2 fermenters, and a bottling bucket, with a few other items. It cost a lot of money to do these expensive controlling set ups, but I would suggest doing an all grain setup. I haven't yet but am saving up the money.

Latest posts

Back