Edwort's 777 Stone Pale clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drunkensatyr

Reaction score
Hubby says: Wow what a find. (drinking about 55f to gather the full flavor) Good clean pour with a great level of carb foam and head. Aroma: Slightly sweet with a hint of acidity. Clean and inviting. First sip:Great balance of malt to hops. Not sweet, but very balanced to IBU. Light to moderate mouth feel. Leaves you wanting another drink. The hop and malt combinations work in perfect harmony to dance across your tongue. Slight nutty taste with a rich caramel linger. Over all a greatly balanced IPA that leaves you wanting another. Very clean finish with only the slightest of taste left hanging onto the back of your mouth. Thanks Ed! (p.s. I will ship ya that blonde in about a month. She is 5'7 and about................ *grin*)

the wife says: A mouthy beer that doesn't talk back after a good thorough swallowing. Finishing malt is perfect balance to the wonderful noseful of hops that greets you upon initial consumption... yum!

Thanks folks. It was fun meeting ya'll for a few beers!

It was the Stone IPA clone BTW though. :D I'm happy ya'll enjoyed it and the forced carbed bottle was still good after a month or so.

I still have about 1/2 keg left at home. I'm gonna have to bottle some more or get a pitcher out.

EdWort said:

It was the Stone IPA clone BTW though. :D I'm happy ya'll enjoyed it and the forced carbed bottle was still good after a month or so.

I still have about 1/2 keg left at home. I'm gonna have to bottle some more or get a pitcher out.

I have a 5 galoon batch in the clearing tank dry hopping righ now of this brew. Smells great and tasted good at time of racking. :rockin:
But I ended up changing hops. I could not get the warrior so I went with Magnums.

EdWort said:

Damn, I wuz gonna say...someone else wants to throw their hat in the VE ring?

Oh, I do have one of those tucked away in SWMBO's wine cabinet. Too fancy of a beer for me to brew though. I'm sticking to quaffable beer experiments for now.

I like beer that is quaffable, yet tasty.

Back