BP water to barley wine brew day.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Just about to start my hop additions here in an hour or so, but had one question, when would be the best time to add the maple syrup, it does not say in his recipe. Im thinking 15 min or maybe even flame out. Whats yalls opinion. This beer is going to be amazing I think. I have been brewing since 11 in the morning and collected a little over 11 gallons of wort and had at one time 3 different pots going boiling it down. So far it looks like around 70% efficiency with 20.5 pounds of grain. Its gonna be a monster. :drunk:

If you want a mapley flavour from the syrup I would guess adding it after primary fermentation is complete. But I am no maple syrup expert.

Well end up just putting it in with 15 min. left. Ended up being a 9 hour brew day. I was thinking it would be 10, so not to bad. Efficiency was not as good as I thought it was going to be, I also ended up with 5.5 gallons. I knew I should have waited to start my hop schedule. OG was 1.102. I only sparged with 9 gallons instead of the 11 or more I needed to. The wort tasted soo good. Thank you so much for posting the recipe Brewpastor.

Doughing in.
DSCF0317.jpg

Not so much room left in the 10Gal. cooler.
DSCF0318.jpg

How I got all the extra wort, to begin boiling it down. I am assuming the white stuff in the bottom of the pitcher is the cold break??? I did not pour it back in, was not sure If I should have or not. It was a lot of work running between my kitchen and my garage. Making sure not to have a boil over.
DSCF0322.jpg

All in all it was fun. I can't wait to see how this stuff taste after 6 months of so. Its gonna be a sipper for sure.

Back