Solution needed - mashtun tap connection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulStat

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I had a bit of a disaster last night when the manifold came loose from the drum tap on my mash tun come sparge time. Now I need a way of connecting the manifold to the drum tap (some way of screwing onto the thread?) so that it doesn't come out so easily! Any suggestions? Pictures of how I currently "connect" to the drum tap.

dsc00041aec.jpg

dsc00072rwb.jpg

dsc00113d.jpg

What size thread is it? Copper is pretty hard to find threaded, but I was able to get some a Home Depot that fit right onto my threads. I use a ball valve though so my setup is a bit different.

1/2" FPT adapter, with about 2" of bent copper tubing to make up for the angle. You would not have to sweat the fittings, just use friction to hold them in place.

1/2" FPT adapter, with about 2" of bent copper tubing to make up for the angle. You would not have to sweat the fittings, just use friction to hold them in place.

Agreed. I didn't sweat any of the fittings on my manifold and it works fine. Plus...it's easier to take apart and clean.

Back