Water profile for a mild?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBrady

Reaction score
Hey guys, What would be the correct water profile for a authentic mild? Are they in the area where burton water would be accurate for the style? Im doing NB's AK47 Pale Mild kit so its not even really a authentic recipe since its not dark enough but I still would like to get it on a water profile accurate for the style. Thanks for any info.

Have you checked out the water primer sticky in the brew science section? Good place to start before you just going adding stuff to your water because ..... well.... because..... ;)

Have you checked out the water primer sticky in the brew science section? Good place to start before you just going adding stuff to your water because ..... well.... because..... ;)

Thanks I'll check that out. I know how to build water profiles, I'm just really looking for a particular target water thats true to style for the mild.

How did the pale mild turn out? I'm going to brew this tomorrow, but I'm going to use ringwood yeast.

Thanks for the response. Did you use the windsor yeast or the liquid yeast option? Does it taste like a pale ale with less ABV?

Thanks for the response. Did you use the windsor yeast or the liquid yeast option? Does it taste like a pale ale with less ABV?

I used NB's NeoBritannia house liquid strain from wyeast. To me it tasted like like it belonged in the same style catagory as Fullers London Pride. It was like a small english pale ale/bitter. Thats the only way I can really describe it since I don't have alot of experience with english styles other than the few bitters that I have made.

Back