Flow schematics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WPStrassburg

Reaction score
I'm working on getting all my pieces together for my rig and need everyone's comments on my flow schematics. I've got a fer half barrel sankes, 5 & 10 gallon water cooler, my 6kw heating element, ss brazed plate exchanger, a march pump, and a little giant pump. 5 gallon batches are planned right now, but I want to design around 10, just in case. Going for propane or ng for the boil. Let me know what could be done differently or better.
Thanks folks.
-Walter

RIMSSchematic_1_1_0963.jpg

I'm working on getting all my pieces together for my rig and need everyone's comments on my flow schematics. I've got a fer half barrel sankes, 5 & 10 gallon water cooler, my 6kw heating element, ss brazed plate exchanger, a march pump, and a little giant pump. 5 gallon batches are planned right now, but I want to design around 10, just in case. Going for propane or ng for the boil. Let me know what could be done differently or better.
Thanks folks.
-Walter

RIMSSchematic_1_1_0963.jpg

I just love AutoCAD don't you?

Hey, it works and companies have blocks for all sorts of good components. When I comes to laying out the actual rig, I'll probably do up a sketchup model just to check my layout, but for this to figure out processes and parts it's just easier than messing with a model.

RIMSSchematic.jpg

Colder has all sorts of model options for their components from 2/3D .dwg to sketchup, so they make pretty drawings even easier.

I redid/added a couple things and listed out the hosing.

RIMSSchematic-1.jpg

Here's each piece of equipment and the quick connects so I can get those ordered up.

RIMSEquipment.jpg

Just need to get the fittings tallied up and I can get those on order too.

Any comments or things missing?

Back