Stuck fermentations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickledout686

Reaction score
I've been all grain brewing for 2 years now and have never had this problem.. Just recently got a freezer and temp controller, just checked my 4th batch with the setup and stuck again, all 4 this one is an IPA, SG of 1.073 and dead stop at 1.030. My hef before this batch was OG of 1.053 and FG was 1.028. I don't know what is going on

Are you fermenting in the right temperature range? Check the temperature inside the fermenter. IF it's getting the beer too cool/cold while fermenting, it could be the issue.

What temp is your controller set to. Go put the carboy in a sink of warm water for a while after swirling the yeast to suspend them, that'll wake em up. Works for me. Then raise the temp a few on the freezer.

I had it in the low 60's due to the activity from the yeast, and raised it in order to keep the temp the same on the carboy, I just raised it to 70, thinking about pitching another vial of wlp001, I made a 2 liter starter for it

Ive had the same problem recently. If u figure out the problem let me know how to fix. Thanks!

Back