Supplies??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChickenBeer

Reaction score
I didnt know where to post this and if it is offensive or doesnt abide by the rules from some reason I completly understand it gets taken down. Just out of curiousity though, what websites do you use for buying most supplies? I have for a long time used northern brewer and midwest brewing, and the occasional LHBS but didnt know if I was missing out on life by some fabulous website.

I think it is depending on where you live, how much you are buying, etc.

I buy the majority of my stuff from my LHBS. He has reasonable prices on ingredients, and he crushes my grains for me (plus I get to enjoy some homebrew while I am there.) I also believe in supporting him as much as possible, because it is such a niche market. I buy my equipment from sources on the internet, and the local restaurant supply store because they have better prices. I haven't ordered online yet, but if I did it would be from AHS (www.austinhomebrew.com) because they are in my state and I know the shipping will be basically 1-day.

So I believe it depends on your situation, which online retailer is closest to you, how close a LHBS is and how reasonable their prices are.

Brewmasterswarehouse
Farmhousebrewing.com
morebeer.com
Annapolis Home brew Supply
The vendors section and Classifieds section on this website
CRAIGSLIST and SEARCHTEMPEST

I get lots of equipment from online classifieds, cheaper and fun.

Group buys for ingredients - cheapest options ever - 2 row 50 pounds for around 55-60 cents per pound in most cases.

I like buying from my local places - but their prices are so high and the selection is often questionable in freshness.

I live 50 miles east of St. Paul, MN. I have Northern Brewery, Midwest, Still H2O in Stillwater, MN, and Caps N Cork in Eau Claire, WI, a LHBS.

I have though found my 12 mile drive to Wind River the one I go to most now a days. Scott does most of his business on-line as well. http://www.windriverbrew.com/menu.html

For equipment I hit one of the vendors that support HBT.

We are so lucky.

Latest posts

Back