What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AHS Sour Ginger Peach Ale. Who wants free homebrew? Come and get it. Why did I ever think this beer sounded interesting enough to break my "no kit" rule?! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392526977.701623.jpg

Because your a sucker at heart!:mug:

Haha, maybe. I don't know what happened. They were offering free shipping on their recipe kits and, next thing you know, this is what I have. My brain may have temporarily shut down. At least I brewed it well. Nice and clear, no technical flaws from my process.

Had these in my hand today and just before paying, had second thoughts and put them back. Anybody have them? Worth buying?

only the rodenbach. It's a great cheap flanders though I like cover de jacobins better.

My first Bomb! Really nice

Bomb is awesome. The newest batch (I'm having now) is really chocolatey unlike the one you have (pink wax right)

Sent from a turkish prison while watching movies about gladiators

Haha, maybe. I don't know what happened. They were offering free shipping on their recipe kits and, next thing you know, this is what I have. My brain may have temporarily shut down. At least I brewed it well. Nice and clear, no technical flaws from my process.

Brain said sour beer , ad said sour peach, what type of yeast was supplied :rolleyes:?

Bomb is awesome. The newest batch (I'm having now) is really chocolatey unlike the one you have (pink wax right)

More chocolatey you say? Now you're making me regret not buying some of the new batch.

Brain said sour beer , ad said sour peach, what type of yeast was supplied :rolleyes:?

It was just standard yeast so I skipped buying it from them and just used some US05 I had on hand. The sour was supposed to come from acidulated malt, but I don't think there was enough in the recipe to make a difference.

Thought I had this in a bomber before,maybe not but was able to pick up a bottle in a mixed sixer. Really good 8% ipa, Im getting honey malt in this with other things I like,like toasted malts... all kinds of good stuff. Goes too fast too. Ive never had mediocre with Clown Shoes either personally.

galactica.jpg

More chocolatey you say? Now you're making me regret not buying some of the new batch.

that's is what I do. The pepper is barely there. I'm sure there is some sitting sound still. It's a big change than the last one

Good to know. I think they had both there. Maybe next trip.

We also got that brooklyn but I'm passing because of the price. Way too much especially when it's only bottled with Brett

that's is what I do. The pepper is barely there. I'm sure there is some sitting sound still. It's a big change than the last one

We also got that brooklyn but I'm passing because of the price. Way too much especially when it's only bottled with Brett

I'll have to find some. If you see any, don't hesitate, just buy a couple for me and I'll pay you back. That is, if you're not trying to hoard them all to yourself. ;)

Yeah, I've seen that Brooklyn too. I won't be buying it. That's just a retarded price for that beer.

If I see bomb I'll let you know.

Brooklyn seems to be proud of their crap huh

Thanks man.
I still don't view Brooklyn as a brewery who can ask that kind of price for their beer. Just my personal opinion based on their products. And $20 per bottle is my usual cut off, so I won't be buying it.

Trestles- Left coast ipa. Seen a bunch of 3 dollar bombers =an d was like what? NOw I know why, they are infected. Had the beer before and loved it but I now know that distinct soapy overcabed ness. Had it in my beers before also and recocognize it in some other commercial beers like Okiboji. Its like an overly fruity aroma taste or something. Not bad but just not the same beer. In fact this is exactly like my experience with Okiboji beer. Kind of funny but still worth 3 bucks a bomber. Did seem to foam up, but only slowly. Soapy, yeah- I know this character its infected.

Awww, you shouldn't have. No, really.

Supposedly 60 cases of 6 bottles ea. I'm not sure I believe that. 2008 was either never sold, or only sold in very limited quantities at the brewery.

I guess it was a batch that was only brewed for family and friends and gifted to them. Never sold. Saw someone recently looking for a bottle.

Thanks man.
I still don't view Brooklyn as a brewery who can ask that kind of price for their beer. Just my personal opinion based on their products. And $20 per bottle is my usual cut off, so I won't be buying it.

What I don't understand is Garett Oliver is supposed to be a well respected brewer. They are kind of like Sam Adams to me, nothing above a B-.

Coff. Soon to be beer. Prepping to haul some wood inside of the house.

Water while I mull over going to tired hands to wait in line in the cold for two hours. I think I may pass on this one.

Does TH release a new beer very often? I often hear about the wait there. What's up?

Does TH release a new beer very often? I often hear about the wait there. What's up?

Usually every few months.. This is pretty close to their last one though.

I ended up coming out on this cold sunday. Just got here and I'm about the 125th person in line.

On a regular day you can get in and out within minutes. These releases have become somewhat streamlined now that it's cash only

Back