Anybody else love egg sandwiches!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raising from the dead. YES love me an egg sammich. Have one or two almost every morning when I get home from work. Fried egg, yolk slightly runny, slice of white cheese, maybe slice of tomatoe if we have it but not required. Wash it down with a paulaner hefeweizen.

I fry on both sides, till the yolk is solid. Then onto toast with cheddar and tons of mayo (Hellmans!). My brother and I, as kids, cooked this sandwich and called it eggs monroe, an invention of ours.

A solid yolk is a wasted yolk.

A great egg sandwich explodes a runny (but not completely liquid) yolk when you bite in.

SWMBO's homemade bread, toasted and buttered, two eggs from chickens that live fifty feet from my kitchen, lashings of Marmite, a thick layer of tomato paste, lots of salt and pepper.

The one I did most recently was toasted english muffin with roll sausage sliced & pressed in a hamburger press to make'em bigger. Fried eggs with pepper jack cheese & hash brown patties!:rockin:

Eggs woudl be good on a stuffed cabbage sandwich!

(Stuffed cabbage rolls, sliced in half, welfare cheese, miracle whip, between toasted bread (Historically Hillbilly wheat, but I'm guessing that won't be sophisticated enough for you guys...))

It's only when I road trip out of town. An egg over easy, on one slice of bread with mustard and some bacon. I don't know why it's so good but it is.

Fried egg over medium (fried in butter, of course), fried slice of ham or salami, slice of cheese melted on top. Fit it all into a "reissumies" - the most popular rye bread in Finland.

reissumies.jpg

I love egg sandwiches! Its the second thing I learned how to cook when I was a little kid, I think I was five then. I remember hauling out a really heavy cast iron skillet, turning on the gas range, melting butter, cracking my egg, salt and pepper, adding cheese and letting it get all melty and wonderful, placed on wonder bread with mayo. I can't think of a better more tasty sandwich.

I like a grilled cheese/egg sandwich. Two slices of bread, two slices of American cheese and a fried egg. Then put 'em all together and grill it so the cheese melts. YUM!!!!

I love sauteing up some italian green peppers in some olive oil salt and pepper and scrambling some eggs over it and lathering some mayo on a long roll and plop that goodness right on top.

Bon Appetit!

It's my go to meal when I don't have time to cook: Two eggs over hard, a slice of muenster on top, spicy mustard on one slice, mayo on the other! Mmmm good!

usually i cook up toast with mayo, 2 fried eggs and american cheese.

When i was a kid my parents did the same but added cinnamon sugar and butter

Up north about a month ago my father in law made thle best one Ive ever had....Toast, mayo, american cheese, 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of bacon, thin sliced onions, salt, pepper and a hash brown. It was delicious, he also swears by adding peanut butter on the bread but didnt have any at the cabin

Fried egg over medium (fried in butter, of course), fried slice of ham or salami, slice of cheese melted on top. Fit it all into a "reissumies" - the most popular rye bread in Finland.

reissumies.jpg

Looks delicious! I generally enjoy similar sandwiches with bacon, although a good breakfast sausage or smoky ham is always welcome. I ahve not tried with salami, but that ounds pretty nice.

Excellent post!

Latest posts

Back