Nut Brown Recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayos

Reaction score
Looking for a nut brown extract with grain that has a little more malt taste (malt--not sweet) than Newcastle. Thanks!

7 Lbs Lme- 1lbs crystal .25 roasted barley. 1oz goldings-60 min. 1oz goldings 2min till flame out. Irish moss- late malt extract edition half in the start nad half 15 min till the end of boil. Ale yeast of your choice. (wlp001-Pac-man).I hope this helps.
60 minute boil

When I was first starting out I did a Nut Brown Ale from a kit I got at the HBS. It was probably the best extract beer I made. People loved it.

FYI- I was reading somewhere that Newcastle is a difficult style of beer to replicate because it is a mix of an aged dark ale with a unaged pale ale. So I don't know how close you can get, but good luck. I have definately seen recipes out there claiming to be like Newcastle though.

ski36t said:
When I was first starting out I did a Nut Brown Ale from a kit I got at the HBS. It was probably the best extract beer I made. People loved it.

Got a recipe, Ski?

Back