Where is the SuperBowl thread?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lounge Lizard

Reaction score
I guess this is it!

daytona60.jpg

Can you find me a SNPA? I think there's one way down in the bottom....

Go Seahawks!

Edited: I don't believe in the HBF jinx. The 'Horns hooked 'em! :D

I'm more interested in the cheek-spread than the point-spread! Is that Benjamin Dover's little sister?

Pittsburgh 27 Seattle 24.

Remember my playoff picks--to refresh, I went 6-0. That said, Seattle will probably win today. :rolleyes:

I have a sixer of Celebration Ale chilling. Can't wait. :D

Now the beer girl is WAY hotter than any Super Bowl! Please dig deeper :D

I cant get into this years Super Bowl at all. I figured it would be a Pittsburgh blow out, so Im not even caring about it. Nothing against any Steelers/Seahawks fans, they just arent teams I follow. Im sittin here finishing off the last of my Winter Wicked Wheat, and checking the online play by play.

I only saw one play that might have had an impact on the outcome of the game. Considering the final score, it wouldn't have made a difference.

Overall , lame super bowl.

The anthem, WTF was that? It was embarrassing. That will be talked about all day tomorrow. Terrible.

The Stones, DIE already. Pathetic, pathetic performance.

Glad to see the win for Pitt, Bettis and Cowher deserved it.

Wow. The NFL should be ashamed of themselves.

The officiating? Now I'm not a Seahawks or a Steelers fan, but man-o-man, did Seattle ever get screwed.

The Anthem? With people like that performing it, who even needs Osama Bin Laden for an enemy? Those people should be embarrassed to even call themselves Americans.

The Stones? Actually I thought that A. for their age they weren't all that bad and B. Compared with the entertainment in other years' Super Bowls they were ok-- at least they didn't seem to be lip-syncing.

The game on the whole: pretty mediocre.

One thought about the commercials: I wish they would sell equal amounts of time to both AB and Miller for the game. It would be fun to see them duking it out head to head with their ads.

Sam75 said:
I only saw one play that might have had an impact on the outcome of the game. Considering the final score, it wouldn't have made a difference.

I only watch about 2 games a year so had no favorite, but I think there were three or four bad calls. Of course, the first Pittsburg touchdown, then the one that was called back that Seattle made. he barely touched the guy, he didn't push off. there was a holding call where Madden said "I didn't see any holding there."

And I think that even one touchdown would make a difference. Once you get down, you get that down attitude. Teams rarely come back in the Superbowl.

Like I say, I really didn't care, but I did get frustrated that every iffy call came down against Seattle.

Where to start?

A horrible National Anthem - they should've just let Aretha do it from start to finish - Aaron Neville was awful and it never recovered from his poor start.

The whole Stevie Wonder thing was awful.

The Stones should hang it up already. What 12-year-old boy did Mick beat up to get that shirt he was wearing?

No real standout commercials. The 'magic fridge' was dumb, the Go Daddy commercial was watered down - only the streaking sheep and the FedEx caveman are memorable - somewhat.

Worst of all - lots of bad calls.

Being from Detroit I am very happy that its all over. Got to understand that not much else has been talked about for the past two years. We did get a lot of road construction done because of the Super Bowl. But... alas... we are now back to being a terrible city that once you visit you will be shot on site by mobs of bad people.

the anthem was horrid, as was the halftime show.

the steelers played bad, the seahawks worse... two missed fg's and countless dropped balls and passes to nobody ensured the loss moreso than the bad calls.

worst, the commercials sucked big times, except for the one linked to....

glad i'm a browns fan, at least we get our season over with by week six :D

First Superbowl I ever fell asleep to during portions of it. Had nothing to do with the 8-10 beers I had during golf before kickoff :drunk: .

Bad play and bad officiating. The GoDaddy web version commericals are "much" better than what they played on tv though :cross:. I might venture over there to register a domain name through them; great marketing.

did anybody catch that one commercial during the superbowl for beer? and I don't mean a bud or miller or whoever commercial, but a commercial about beer in general. Lots of beer shown in the commercial, but not a single logo. The whole advertisement just seemed to be a celebration of the beverage.

At the end, there was a slogan spoken and a website given, but I can't remember what the heck it was...

-walker

Walker said:
did anybody catch that one commercial during the superbowl for beer? and I don't mean a bud or miller or whoever commercial, but a commercial about beer in general. Lots of beer shown in the commercial, but not a single logo. The whole advertisement just seemed to be a celebration of the beverage.

At the end, there was a slogan spoken and a website given, but I can't remember what the heck it was...

-walker
I saw that and ran up to the computer and checked it out. (The game sucked anyway) Here is the link:

http://www.herestobeer.com/

Back