Are there any mods for the Bayou Classic SP10 burner to accomodate a keggle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhamade

Reaction score
I want to use a keggle with it, but the surface area is way smaller than a keggle and it only has 3 legs. I see its pretty popular on here so someone probably did something. I used the search already to no avail.

I have the SP10 and I put a BBQ grate on the top. I attached it with about six ss tube clamps. I use it with a keggle and it works perfect. I purchased the grate at HD for about $15.

I would use the SQ-14, but it's burner is only 55000 BTUs compared to the 155000 BTU the SP10 has.

"I have the SP10 and I put a BBQ grate on the top. I attached it with about six ss tube clamps. I use it with a keggle and it works perfect. I purchased the grate at HD for about $15."

I will try that, thanks pstrohs!

I had the SQ-14 and it was good but took a while to heat things up. I use a SP10 now with a grate on top and that thing cranks out some heat. I do wish it were in the SQ-14 frame though.

Back