doh! made a mistake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewbrewbrew

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I made some beer last night for the first time in a year. I am making an apricot german heffe and added the powdered DME, 3 pounds of appricots, etc following all the instructions (or so i thought) and forgot the liquid DME till i was all done and already cooled the wort. So i decided to boil the liquid DME (from a can) in some water. Well i ran out of time and though i didnt boil the liquid DME for very long i decided to add it into the wort. Does the coopers brand of liquid DME in a can really need to be boiled to kill bacteria and/or did i ruin my brew by not boiling the DME for a long enough time? Any ideas/suggestions etc are appreciated.

How long did you boil it for?

If you brought it to any level of a true boil, I think you'll be alright. Just like anything around here though...what's done is done.

Proceed as originally planned and I'd imagine you'll end up with some great (even though I don't care for apricots) beer.

Latest posts

Back