Score Sankey!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
Flew with another guy today that is an avid homebrewer and scored me a few sankey kegs for $10 each!!!

The Pol

I got lucky, I needed a larger boil pot, well, now I have it!

Willsellout said:
dammit...I can't find a keg to save my life unless I go through Ebay.

Dan
Get the yellow pages out and start calling all the scrap yards you can find. Ebay is ok....shipping can be nasty on an item like a keg tho as i found out. :p

Virtually impossible to find kegs of any kind over here. Two years ago I bought six 3 gallon cornies from the US and had them shipped over here. Four for me and two for my brewing friend. $300 for the lot ($200 for mine and $100 for my friend's). It was actually a great deal cuz each one would cost about $100 total to ship individually to Japan. The 5 gallon cornies are actually much cheaper but I don't have a fridge big enough to hold one, nor do I have enough space for a fridge that big.

Lord Sterrock Hammerson 8 said:
Get the yellow pages out and start calling all the scrap yards you can find. Ebay is ok....shipping can be nasty on an item like a keg tho as i found out. :p
I called the only scrapyard around and he didn't have any, unfortunately. I will check back with him every once in a while. It sucks living in a small town sometimes.
I have four micro breweries within a two hour drive but can't find a keg..oh well!

Dan

See, this is the thing... I really have no desire to have a typical 3 tier system with SS kettles. Why? I absolutely love heating the water ONCE and then putting the lid on the cooler and letting it mash. I love the insulating properties of the 10 gallon beverage coolers, I love the ease of mashing, I love how efficient (gas) it is. I simply heat my strike and infusion water, let it mash, heat my sparge water, cap it off, then sparge and the temps remail all but constant without any additional heat. It seems much more hands off and efficient, I never have to watch my temps really. The new coolers will have through the wall thermometers too in order to easily monitor what is going on in a basically sealed system.

Good call.
KISS.

I have 8 kegs,

One I use for my Keggle. I have a second already converted but don't really feel the urge or need to use it just yet.

Mu sytem is a pail and immersion heater HLT, Cooler MLT and a Keggle with propane burner.

KISS :rockin:

Back