disposing of pbw water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt3989

Reaction score
Hey, maybe this had been asked before but i couldn't find it in a few searches. how do you guys get rid of your brew kettle full of pbw? Do you just dump it in the grass? Or siphon it down a drain? Or lock it into hazmat crates and seal them under a mountain?

Definitely a listed RCRA C waste. You need to call the EPA to find out the proper disposal of that stuff.

Just kidding. Dump it down the drain. It would probably kill your grass.

I dump it in the grass all the time. No problems. I guess that gets into landscape technicals, but I've noticed the fescue doesn't hold up as well as the st. augustines, then again, those crab like grasses are stubborn as hell ;-)

Dumping it down the drain will keep your drain lines clean, especially if it's hot.

Off to the grass it is... what's the worst that could happen? I end up mutant ninja turtles growing in my back yard? Because I'm okay with that.

i've had this stuff almost kill shrubs. the drain is a better choice

The gravel in my driveway seems to take all beer related waste liquids with no complaints. My goats & chickens take solid waste except for hops, which the compost pile takes.

Off to the grass it is... what's the worst that could happen? I end up mutant ninja turtles growing in my back yard? Because I'm okay with that.
Dude, Okay doesn't begin to describe how cool that would be!

I will say this. When I dump it on my lawn, I do try to spread it out and generally spray it with the hose briefly afterwards. If you dump it in hot mid day sun, and don't dilute it with the hose, and never mix it up, I'd bet a bundle you'll have a dead spot in your lawn-and even though I think the ninja turtles would be cool, I don't think you can count on that particular outcome ;)

Back