Need help figuring out what to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingdogwine

Reaction score
I cant figure out what to brew. I don't like hoppy beers, and I have some what of a sweet tooth. am I willing to do something different.

I just can't figure it out. I find dead guy to be boring and not really that great. Its not really complex to me. I tasted life and limb the other day and loved it, but I would love a session brew.

Help :(

What is your favorite commercial "session brew"?

You know what? I going to have to go with dog fish head raison d etre. I was reading radical brewing the today and was wanting to do a molasses recipe that mosher had, but after reading up a bit some people said brewing with molasses sucks

Why not just brew something light like a wheat, mild, pale ale or a brown? I mean, there are a ton of beers out there that have a ton of flavor and very little body to make a session brew. Go with something easy like a hefeweizen, stout or a brown ale. Keep it about 1.050 and there you have it. Easy to drink, low hops and still tastes like a flavorfull beer.

Let me know how it turns out...

8.00 lb Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM)
1.25 lb Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM)
0.75 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM)
0.25 lb Aromatic Malt (26.0 SRM)
0.25 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM)
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [7.50 %] (60 min)
1.00 oz Cascade [7.50 %] (15 min)
0.25 oz Cascade [7.50 %] (10 min)
0.25 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (10 min)
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [7.50 %] (5 min)
0.50 oz Cascade [7.50 %] (5 min)
1 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar)

Back