What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean .2014 mile?

Right? We didn't even know we were that close when we stopped. it was all of:
"Hey! Let's stop in Waterbury. We can get good beer there."
"Ok."
::pull off highway::
"How about here?"
"Awesome! Guess what is (literally) right over that hill!"

WesleyS said:
Wow! That's a steep mountain side they're located on. Good thing you brought your gravity boots that day. ;)

After the pub flooded out the first time because of Irene. They seem to be in a more elevated spot.

FermentNEthinG said:
Have you had the Gran Met or the voodoo love child? They look rather tasty!

Had them all! Both solid brews! I have a Laird's Gran Met in the cellar aging along with a Pappy BBVD!

I could put a bomber of each in the package that will be heading your way soon!

Founders breakfast stout, grabbed two packs so drinkin one and aging one. There were a ton left so i might grab a couple more!

NIZZLE said:
No sir I have not I got at least two six packs of gumballhead saved for me :)

Gumballhead is pretty good. So is Pride and Joy. Dreadnaught is just plain awesome in my opinion. If you happen to see any Apocalypse Cow, grab one for me, I would forever be grateful. :D

rockbasementbeer said:
Founders breakfast stout, grabbed two packs so drinkin one and aging one. There were a ton left so i might grab a couple more!

That's some good stuff! It's pretty easy to come by. Even my dad's local Giant Eagle had a ton.

And to go one The Poet and one funky Monkey King!

ForumRunner_20130702_213015.jpg

Cathedral said:
Yes, and, I'm going to be honest, HT is not the best beer I've had, it was just he best beer from Local Your Area that I can't get here. It really is a good beer, but I can see how you can get tired of it. It can be overwhelming.

I know you're only a few hundred miles away, but if there is something I can get that you can't, and you can get some Lawson's Double Sunshine, let me know and we'll trade pronto.

I've had double sunshine a handful of times and i like it don't get me wrong but I don't feel as if its that special. If I happen to come across some, ill keep you in mind.

tyzippers said:
What's love, got to do, got to do with it? Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken?

I was born in the early 80's as well. But, what if I told you i was referring to the fat joe and Jennifer Lopez song? Mind blown or what?

Had some maple crown earlier. I'm onto my Centennial Blonde. Carbonation isn't quite right and I'm getting banana notes that I don't want. :( it's tolerable though. I think I pitched the yeast too warm. I'm going to take them to some BMC drinkers tomorrow night.

Canned Sunday actually. Maybe its getting to my head already. Usually closed Sundays now but with the 4th they worked sun.

tyzippers said:
Had them all! Both solid brews! I have a Laird's Gran Met in the cellar aging along with a Pappy BBVD!

I could put a bomber of each in the package that will be heading your way soon!

That would be bad ass..I will pack accordingly.

Really, a lot of what I see is that people love their local beer, absolutely LOVE to try beers they can not get normally, but in the end, love their local beers. And a-effin-men to that.

Friends, brothers, countrymen, we are living in the golden age of the craft brew renaissance! For the love of bob, or jeebus, or whomever, I hope it keeps getting better, but in the meantime, realize that you are here, now, with so many delicious choices available to you!

Raise your glass, and be proud! WE DID THIS. After all this time, WE DID THIS.

HEAR HEAR!! BEER BEER!!

Cathedral said:
Really, a lot of what I see is that people love their local beer, absolutely LOVE to try beers they can not get normally, but in the end, love their local beers. And a-effin-men to that.

Friends, brothers, countrymen, we are living in the golden age of the craft brew renaissance! For the love of bob, or jeebus, or whomever, I hope it keeps getting better, but in the meantime, realize that you are here, now, with so many delicious choices available to you!

HEAR HEAR!! BEER BEER!!

That's the Heady talking! ;-)

Got there about 10:15. Stood in line about 10:30. So delicious but the trip was great as well. Waterbury and Montpelier are great towns.

Cathedral said:

HEAR HEAR!! BEER BEER!!

Best reason to raise a glass ive heard in a while! Not that i need one...

That's the Heady talking! ;-)

That's a negative, smokey. Sixpoint Resin and Ballast Point Sculpin, yes. I'm a bit burnt out on the Heady.

I will say, Sculpin has almost the same hop profile as Heady. It's much more mellow and lets the malt take a lot of dominance, so I wasn't prepared to compare the malts. But I'd say if you took a double dose of Sculpin hops to the same malt base, you'd be a good contender for a clone for the Heady, which I know is a big deal. So if anyone can get a grab on a Sculpin recipe, you're on to something.

Cathedral said:
That's a negative, smokey. Sixpoint Resin and Ballast Point Sculpin, yes. I'm a bit burnt out on the Heady.

I will say, Sculpin has almost the same hop profile as Heady. It's much more mellow and lets the malt take a lot of dominance, so I wasn't prepared to compare the malts. But I'd say if you took a double dose of Sculpin hops to the same malt base, you'd be a good contender for a clone for the Heady, which I know is a big deal. So if anyone can get a grab on a Sculpin recipe, you're on to something.

Just messin! There's a Heady cloning thread on here and they seem to have gotten it pretty damn close!

CliffMongoloid said:
Every year at the draft we hear "kids good but has character issues" ... "could be great if he gets his head on straight" "he fell so many spots cause of his arrests"

If the pats didn't take Hernandez some one else would have... Where he was taken in the draft was a steal for the pats... Hind sight is hind sight but you cannot blame the pats for taking a shot on him

Wrong thread maybe?

Edit: yep. He fixed it!

I have access to Pako's all the time. Let me know if you wanna work out at trade sometime.

Cool will do. My head is spinning with trades at the moment (I love it) but I'll hit you up on it for sure. MT and WY lol we might have some locals to trade shut up guys... they are BIG states yes with 8 people in each state and we still ride horses!!

LoloMT7 said:
Cool will do. My head is spinning with trades at the moment (I love it) but I'll hit you up on it for sure. MT and WY lol we might have some locals to trade shut up guys... they are BIG states yes with 8 people in each state and we still ride horses!!

Haha! I know the feeling (about the trades)! Wait. There are actually 8 people in each state?

Back