GE 4.5 mini fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be very careful, maybe drill from the inside out and slowly.

The sides definitely have heat dispersion coils in them and on a schematic I've seen I thought they went from bottom to top.

A friend and I converted one similar to this recently but only modified the top and the freezer tray.

I found some on applianceparts.com I think, but for a different model. They appear to have very similar actual fridge designs, just with a bunch of different models because say this one has a crisper, this one has a light, this one has...yadda yadda.

I'll see if I can find you the one I found here.

Yeah here we go: http://www.applianceparts.com/index...B&model_id=9080&manufacturer=General Electric

Look for anything with "GMR" as the model number, then pick numbers from the list that look to be your size of fridge, ie the GMR04 above is probably a 4cu ft fridge.

All of the GE models look to have the same designs. So, low down might be fine, just plug it good so it doesn't leak out the cold, dropping, air.

I know this is a little late but was wondering how did the CO2 line go? Where did you decide to instal the line? Any pics?

Jon

Here is a pic

image-1290356796.jpg

Does any body know where I can drill a whole in the top for serving lines. I do not want to drill through a cooling coul and mess it all up.

geologyguy said:
Does any body know where I can drill a whole in the top for serving lines. I do not want to drill through a cooling coul and mess it all up.

I don't think there are any in the top. What I did is let the fridge run and shoot the outside with a heat gun to see where they were. Your best bet is to drill just threw the plastic on the inside, then dig out the foam to make sure there is nothing there . Then drill threw

Back