Upgrading System: Follow Up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FensterBos

Reaction score
First off, I want to thank everyone for helping me out with this post: Money Saving Options

I have decided to go the easier route and just buy kettles with couplers already welded on. I just wanted to run this setup by you guys to think if this covers everything and/or if you see any problems:
1 - HLT - 10 Gallon Spike Brewing Kettle w/ 2 horiz. couplers
+ sight gauge/thermo + ball valve
1 - MT - More Beer Brewing Kettle - 15 Gallon
+ Domed False Bottom + thermometer + ball valve
1 - 9 Gal. More Beer Econ Brew Kettle (Boil)
+Ball Valve

I plan on making 5 gallon all-grain batches with this setup and controlling the mash temp. via direct fire (e.g. propane burner). Are there any serious problems or concerns with what I've put together?
Thank you for the help!

I actually have a cooler mash tun that I made about a year or so ago; I haven't been able to get consistant temperature control with it and my efficiency is around 60 to 65%. I figured that the 10/15 gallon pot mash tun will help me hit my target mash temp. and keep it.
The problems with my cooler is that there is too much headspace; any time I open it up to stir I lose a lot of heat. It works, but I am ready to upgrade.

Latest posts

Back