First Pour, From my First Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autobaun70

Reaction score
I had planned on waiting a bit longer, but I got the itch to give my first batch of brew a taste. The kit was a a Midwest Supplies Autumn Amber extract kit. I brewed on 1/7, moved to secondary on 1/14, and kegged on 1/25. I actually realized that I had a ball lock CO2 fitting that was too small for my CO2 lines that evening, so I just jury rigged it to the hose and hit the keg with CO2 from a slightly leaking fitting, and then disconnected it over night while I got the correct barb. It went under pressure to force carb Wednesday night @ 12PSI. When I tapped it tonight, I was pleasantly surprised to have a nice head, and not too cloudy. I can tell that it could probably use a little more age. The only think I find in the flavor to be off is that it doesn't quite seem salty enough if that makes any sense, and it could also us a bit more of a hop kick. Overall, I would say that I am satisfied. I have a 1/4 barrel commercial keg on tap, so I will probably work my way through it and let this batch age a bit longer before drinking.......well, once I have one more glass.

IMG_0018.jpg

actually tasting it now, did a True Brew pale ale kit. Taste profile is a different, and it is 7 days younger. Probably going to do an all grain batch next. Working out my mash cooler details now.

I've got an Autumn Amber Ale in the primary now. Smelled and looked delicious going in so I hope it comes out even better!

Latest posts

Back