Single Tier Brew Stand Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpfuror

Reaction score
I have gone thru at least 5 different systems over the past couple years and never really documented the build. I thought I would this time. It won't be all that different for others, just a combination of many, but hopefully someone will get something out of it. It's the least I can do for the community as I have gain much knowledge from this site.

I will be using the following in the design:
1 HLT HERMS SS Keggle
1 BK SS Keggle
1 Mashtun Insulated SS Keggle
1.5x1.5x14 gauge mild steel
60K BTU LP 10" Burners
Standing Pilot Gas Valves
PID Temperature Controllers

I would like to use this post like a journal, so I will be posting as much as I can about the build to document progress, drawing, price lists, vendors, etc...

I have a budget $1500.00 for everything but the mashtun and pumps as I already have them in my current system.

That being said here is my current stand alone eHerms system to get things started:

FULL SYSTEM

DSC_0005.jpg

eHERMS and Controller
DSC_0006.jpg

eHERMS coil and element
DSC_0007.jpg

Stand Construction and Design

The following is a Sketchup of the single tier frame that I'm going to weld together with my Hobart 140 MIG.

frame_layout01.png

I picked up the mild steal @ a local shop Standard Supplies COST 25' for $140 with a couple cuts so I can get it home in my car.

So far I have the sides of the frames welded. I had to do a lot of grinding mainly because I haven't touch a MIG is years.

Also, I'm using my compound miter with a metal cutting disk to rip thru the mild steel and it's a little tricky to get the cuts perfectly
strait.

Here is a couple pictures of the frame....

Sides welded..

DSC_0002.jpg

Sides with mockup of the top..

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Here is a little more progress.

Top welded..

DSC_0008.jpg

Keg mockup..

DSC_0009.jpg

Latest posts

Back