Lotsa Floaties

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corkster

Reaction score
ok, so I've finally stepped up in my brewing experiments and done a batch that used extract that was unhopped and thus I boiled up my hops (full leaf and pellets) along with some specialty grains....

My brew has been in the fermenter for about 2 weeks and fermentation has been pretty much done for about a week... the krausen has been gone for 4 or five days now.... yet there is still a tremendous amount of stuff floating around in suspension.... little hop seeds and what I'm assuming are little pieces of hop leaf and maybe grain particles..........

Will this crap settle out on it's own given another week or two in the bucket, or will I need to filter this stuff somehow?

If it doesn't settle out by the time you bottle, just be careful with racking to bottle bucket.
Or, you can sanitize a small strainer before you bottle and scoop them out if they bug you.
No worries.

Pics would be great!

you could go to a secondary and let it sit another couple weeks. If your inpatient and want a clearer beer, you could also try gelatin.

Thanks guys...

cloudiness I'm ok with... not too worried about that.... it's the small particulates that concern me... nobody wants to feel something squish across their tongue when they're drinkin' a brew!

As for a picture.. I'd love to post one, but alas... my camera has fallen prey to my 5 year old....

Latest posts

Back