Greenbelt Yeast Cake/Slurry - what to brew on it next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imtrashed

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I will be brewing the AHS Greenbelt Pale Ale this weekend and would like to try reusing the yeast cake/slurry for another batch, once I rack off of it in a week or so. For those that have used this yeast, should I stick with a pale ale? Maybe go bigger with an Imperial IPA? From the few reviews I've read of this yeast, it seems that might be the best course of action, but if someone has used it in other styles, I'd love to hear some feedback. Thanks!

IPA or APA is my vote, I've never used the yeast but isn't that what it was designed for?

How bout trying something different - everyone's doing hoppy styles. I'm almost entirely ignoring the greenbelt posts now because they're all the same.

Agree with kanzimonson. I see you already have an imperial porter in the primary, so maybe no RIS. But with that nice big cake, why not try a big barleywine and see how it handles 10+ ABV. Brew it now, and it will be real nice come next winter.

Back