Novice Brewer Excited to Get to Work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aarman322

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Aaron I'm Currently a culinary student who enjoys a good glass of beer with most foods. And I simply not satisfied with most commercial beers. As my teacher puts it "piss in a can."

When I decided to take up my grandpa's hobby of brewing my own beer, I got really excited.

I always looking for tips, reading materials, recipes, ingredient suggestions (i.e. type of hops, yeast, malt etc.)

I'm excited to start brewing. My dad and I had a semi succesful brew a few months ago but I'm going to take better notes this time and hopefully get it down and if not at least know what I did wrong cause I took notes of it.

Well that's about it!
Happy Brewin

Welcome to HBT! We're happy to have you join us. (I'm a big believer that brewing is a family activity.)

Just so you know, there is a cooking forum on here too so feel free to share any recipes of wonderful delights you whip up along with your beer. ;)

Hey, I'm Aaron I'm Currently a culinary student who enjoys a good glass of beer with most foods. And I simply not satisfied with most commercial beers. As my teacher puts it "piss in a can."

When I decided to take up my grandpa's hobby of brewing my own beer, I got really excited.

I always looking for tips, reading materials, recipes, ingredient suggestions (i.e. type of hops, yeast, malt etc.)

I'm excited to start brewing. My dad and I had a semi succesful brew a few months ago but I'm going to take better notes this time and hopefully get it down and if not at least know what I did wrong cause I took notes of it.

Well that's about it!
Happy Brewin

Awesome! Join us!

I'd recommend broadening your horizons if you haven't. Try everything from Wits and BDSAs to Helles and Pilsners to American IIPAs and Barleywines to Cali Commons to dry stouts to porters to....

Basically, try every style you haven't. It's nearly impossible to be a great brewer if you don't know the range of what's possible.

Back