First batch of coopers pale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benblinkau

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just bottled my 1st batch of coopers pale ale.

Made with a traditional coopers bitter, extra pale LME and a bag of pale hops!

It was in primary for 19 days with an FG of 1010... And smelt good whilst bottling.

Its a tad cold here in australia at the moment, so the temp varied from 22 to 18 and slightly below... So i hope it still turns out ok! The yeast is good between 13 and 40 degrees... Thats celsius :)

Any thoughts would be great!

Next up is a cider!! Tomorrows conquest beteen AFL games!

Cheers,

Ben

Be patient...let it ride in the bottles for 3 weeks before throwing one in the fridge so that it can carbonate properly.

Yeh im heading to the US for a month in 3 weeks so im not going to touch them till i get back in october!

Pale hops? You mean like traditionally used hops for pale ales? I gotta do some carpet cleaning for the missus before I can shoot a bottling video. I'll be bottling my cooper's English bitter I put an ounce of Haulertauer hops into. I thought it'd be cool to prime with demerara sugar as well. Have a good time up here,& enjoy a finally home glass of that pale ale!

Cheers mate! Yeh thats what i mean... The home brew shops sell the hops based on the best beer it can be used in. It literally says 'pale ale hops' on it.

Huh. That's a clever way to show folks the right ones to use. But do the packets also list the type of hops in it?

While you're up here,you'll be able to taste all the craft beers we have up here. Dog Fish Head has an ancient ale series that's wild. Rogue,Bell's, Stone,& many others are very good as well. I've been seeing on the cooper's forums that a few of you made the trip up here to see what I've been talking about down under. Ales Craft beers,commercial or home brew,are on the cutting edge here. I guess it's because we like to experiment so much...Cheers!

Back