Giva giva giva Garmin...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletch78

Reaction score
I haven't heard it yet, but it's coming. Any day now. They'll run it until Valentine's Day.

Right now The Grinch Who Stole Christmas and Elf are on tv. It's not even Thanksgiving.

Some of my neighbors already have Christmas trees and outdoor lights on.

Now, I am a fan of installing any outdoor holiday lighting while the weather is still nice, but that does NOT give anyone the right to turn those light on until a maximum of three weeks before the holiday (and I am being quite generous with that amount of time), there are folks down the road from where I live that have a fully lit tree in their house as well as all of the other outdoor BS including icicle lights on the house and shed LIT UP!!

I am done venting, I am sorry but this really bothers me....trust me, I totally love the holidays and love seeing the lights, but it was like when I was a kid and went to the store with my mom and they were advertising back to school products a couple weeks after the fourth of July and it just ruined the rest of summer for me.

Xmas seems to have started the week before Halloween this year. Keeps coming earlier and earlier. Just like Black Friday - a lot of stores are opening at midnight this year!

Some stores around here are opening at 10pm Thanksgiving night.

I say F*ck that.

I worked in retail ( Apple Store Mac Genius ) for 5 Black Fridays. It was fun , but no way would I want to come in for a shift at 10pm on thanksgiving night.

I think it's quite appropriate to put lights up on Thanksgiving weekend. (Except for me, I'm way too lazy!)

But these sales are getting annoying! Kohl's starts at 3am. I was thinking that just another idiot store trying to beat the rush. Then Old Navy says they are opening at midnight on Thanksgiving! Might as well stay up!

Waiting for the store that opens the sale at 2:00 pm on Thanksgiving. Call it the after-turkey sale!

Aggravating!

I think we're headed there, Homercidal. Only a matter of time before Thanksgiving is absorbed into Christmas. Especially when you have people that would rather camp outside a Best Buy than spend time with their families.

Well, the way the family is acting lately, I'd almost rather camp out at Best Buy, actually...

Sad. Lift a glass for me. I'm going to be stuck at MIL's house. Only saving grace is if the ladies will let my BIL and I do our own shopping the next day. I'm sure I could find some bargains at Bell's or Founders!

Several years ago, I just assumed the internet would kill this kind of retail mania.

Yeah, the stores are really slacking this year. Two years ago, the Xmas *rap was up after Labor Day.

When I was married, it was always a rule in my house that we could not get a Christmas tree until after my birthday (Dec 3). I really don't give a **** about my birthday, but it was a good excuse for this old Scrooge to put off getting a tree. I am no longer married, and I don't have to get a tree at all! :ban::ban::ban::ban:

This holiday season our local Navy Exchange actually had christmas decorations for sale BEFORE they had halloween decorations for sale. Someone really should shoot whoever keeps making "Santas" ass bigger and bigger every year.

Back