kegerator kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwetherford

Reaction score
i plan on kegging my beer asap when the money pops up in my bank account.. but i am looking for the best deal in getting a 2 or 3 keg kegerator kit for a old fridge i have. the cheapest i have found ishttp://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=430 for a 2 tap system i would really like a 3 tap but dont want to spend 300 bucks to be honest anyone know anywhere?

my first beer is about a week or two from being ready :mug:

Here's the deal man: you're not gonna get a budget priced kegerator conversion kit. The parts just cost too much to begin with. $300 is pretty good for 3 kegs, in fact, i would go ahead and assume that it's close to $100/keg/faucet kit. You can go cheaper with picnic taps but that's not what you're looking for.

Just save your money and get a quality kit, it will matter in the long run that you bought stuff that will last.

You would have to add a gas line from your co2 bottle (I would suggest getting a 3 port manifold so it's easy to add to later), and an extra faucet/tower depending on your setup. It's really pretty easy to expand down the road, as long as you plan for it first.

Yup, what Elky said. Just make sure mostly that if you are planning on three at once you get a triple output manifold from your CO2 tank. Everything else you can add without any trouble, but the manifold will be a pain in the butt if you don't.

and of course the fridge needs to fit that third keg ;)

I agree though, definitely wait and get quality stuff. I got everythign but the kegs and fridge from kegconnection and it works great.

How much of each kind of tubing would you reccomend and also let's say I didn't get the manifold what would I have to do

I got a 2 keg setup without kegs or CO2 for 109 shipped from beverage factory.

How much of each kind of tubing would you reccomend and also let's say I didn't get the manifold what would I have to do

If you don't get the manifold you're going to have to use Y splitters or something similar. Not ideal because you would have no way to shut off the gas to a particular line.

Another option would be to get a regulator that you can add extra bodies on to later. This is a more expensive option but gives you more control over the system.

Back