Hello from Hickory, NC!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheep_Dog

Reaction score
Thought I better stop and introduce myself before I post to to many thread! I have recently been bitten by the brewing bug again. The first time wasn't so nice as I was using a Mr. Beer, which there is nothing wrong with that, but the first and only batch I made did not turn out like I had hoped. Instead of attempting another batch with the same results I decided to go to the "local" brew store, that was over an hour away. I picked up a few things I need to try to make a better batch the next time.

Well to make a long story short I had a change at the place of employment that put me on an on call status pretty much 24/7. Not the thing you want when brewing your own beer. So I put everything to the side and forgot about it for the past two years. Recently I hung up my on call hat! So I decided to pull out Mr. Beer. Really didn't want to go that route again so I looked around and discovered a brew store opened up less then fifteen minutes away. Made the short trip and picked up some better equipment. So now I'm back in with both feet, English Brown Ale in the primary and when I transfer I want to do something with honey just haven't decided what yet. Well since I have rambled enough let me just thank everyone before hand because I know I'll be seeking more advice from the wealth of knowledge here!

Welcome, I'm new to HB myself. Nice to see more people from NC active here. There a quite a few brewers here in NC.

Thanks for the welcome! I guess I should make it known with all the members from Michigan on here that I'm a born breed Michigander.

Lots of people in NC are born and bred.... somewhere else, haha. I'm from Florida myself living here outside Charlotte now. Half the people I meet are from "somewhere else" as well.

Great weather, mountains or beach less then two hours a way, couple of decent colleges, what more could one ask for...... oh wait cheap gas!

Latest posts

Back