Northern Brewer Store - Milwaukee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been in there 2 or 3 times, and am brand new to home brewing. The store seemed a bit empty for the size, but they had everything that I needed. The store staff was friendly, welcoming, and were eager to talk shop. I will say that most of my friends have ordered most of their stuff from Northern Brewer.com, and it is nice to have a store front in Milwaukee to go to, instead of ordering online

I had the opposite experience of beer buff. No one was helpful at all, but the shop had everything that I needed. It does feel empty. To their credit, Vaughn (I believe was his name) said that they were training their new staff that day. I will still go there if I need something my local guy does not have.

Denny, that does suck big time and I know the feeling. Your excited to go in, talk shop look at the cool stuff, and you come across part time Joe, who thinks he's the next DFH brewer but it doesn't surprise me. I work in IT, and it's the same way, I walk into shops, and come across local IT guys who think they are bill gates, and until they think your on the level, there just a bunch of tool bags. I'm sure I can look up shops in any one of my brewing mags, but were else do you go?

I live in Manitowoc so I only go to NB when I am in town for a brewers game or some other reason. That said, I don't know if any other HB shops down there except Bitter Creek in Slinger. The owner is a HBT member and helps out a lot around here. I have not seen him post since the tornadoes and floods there a few weeks ago, come to think about it.

Back