working on a saturday night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleofnowhere

Reaction score
working on a saturday night has never been so good. dropkick murphy's on the ipod, pizza in my mouth, hbt on my cell, no foreman, easy as pie job, only one thing missing.....beer. god dammit I hate working saturday nights.

I'm helping the SWMBO's company with some translation work. I think we're getting paid $30/hour for it but I REALLY don't enjoy it and I can make more while I'm drinking and playing poker.

I work at an iron ore mine. pretty decent job. I look after a few conveyor belts, and load our final product into a train to be shipped to our shipping port. a monkey can do my job, but for some reason I had to spend three years in school to get this job.

I spend most of my night shifts browsing hbt, and waiting for something to go wrong. the job can get kind of dirty and stressful if stuff starts to go wrong, but on nights like this it is easy. I did have a ****ty night last night.

the best part of the job is the 5 weeks vacation I get, and every 5 years they give you an extra 5. this year is my 5th year. so 3 might take 5 weeks vacation starting new years day, and an additional 5 in july.

I've never had a job that paid extra for weekends or overtime. Microsoft was instrumental in getting IT classified as exempt from labor laws. But, the pay was good, even if I never had a stock option worth a nickel.

I hated shift work though and rotating shifts were a little bit of h3ll.

Yeah rotating shifts suck....but this week is my 2 days week. I work Days Wednesday and Thursday, I am off Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and don't have to work again until next Monday night.

Back