Help with reading water report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boston85

Reaction score
So i finally went and found my town's water report that is online, but honestly I have no idea what I am looking for here. The main information seems to be on the last 2 pages. Can anyone who knows how to read this help me and let me know if my water is good to brew with? I do AG batches, and the last few have not turned out that great.

http://www.burlington.org/dpw/water/Burlington_Web.pdf

Looks like this link is intended for extract brewing, but I bet it can be applied either way. Adding a filter inline with what you have coming out of your tap is probably the easiest way to go. It looks like your water may be a little on the hard side and also the additional chlorine/chloramine could be causing some issues, but those supposedly boil off. So the two choices I see are buying a filter, similar to what you would put in a refrigerator with a water dispenser, or you can buy bottled water to brew with. Good luck :mug:

Back