Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple things come to mind looking at your picture. Is there a way to have the CO2 tank/regulator/manifold outside of your kegerator? It appears the beers line exit the top into a tap tower, is there a way to sneak a gas line in too? A single gas line through there could supply your manifold or three gas line coming in with the manifold on the outside.

Or, fabricate a bracket to attach to the CO2 tank strap to hold your manifold and have a small piece of hose from the regulator.

Just some thoughts.
Thanks homie, I like the idea of coming up with a bracket that attaches to the tank strap. Keeping everything on the inside is an objective since it keeps the footprint smaller (i.e., wife happier).

The setup pictured, drained my CO2 tank over the course of two days (my fault). I need to go through and re-check with some soapy water to see where I missed a leak. Definitely a downside to having all these fittings.

Thanks homie, I like the idea of coming up with a bracket that attaches to the tank strap. Keeping everything on the inside is an objective since it keeps the footprint smaller (i.e., wife happier).

The setup pictured, drained my CO2 tank over the course of two days (my fault). I need to go through and re-check with some soapy water to see where I missed a leak. Definitely a downside to having all these fittings.
Lots of us have lost CO2 trying to chase down a leak. It really sucks and something we don't think about when everything is all sealed up and working fine. The same can be said, but a lot messier when we have a beer leak. More than once I found a lake of beer on the floor but luckily I found it before my wife did.

Here is my setup, it needs some work routing the co2 lines. I may even get differnt tubing. I can fit a fourth in there but the "tap 2.0" might be hard to use.

I just kegged 2 batches today. So my pipeline is in pretty good shape right now

Attachments

• 20221107_090935.jpg
    20221107_090935.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Just grabbed this 5 half barrel beverage air yesterday for a steal! Can't wait to get it filled up.
Nice. I'm pretty sure I saw that one posted online a week or two ago.

I have a very similar one I got off Craigslist this summer, only slightly smaller.

That's a monster! How many cornies could fit? It looks like you could serve more than 10 beers/ciders/whatnot if you added enough towers/taps.
5 halfs or around 15 sixtels, I only have 5 taps, so I plan on getting more kegs to condition beer.

Here's my Beverage Air. Smaller by comparison, but still felt huge to me. Got it off Craigslist from a bar in Philly that was shutting down. Needed a lot of cleaning but I'm happy with how it turned out.

Haven't used it yet. I need to install a new outlet first...

Attachments

• IMG_20221114_210431396.jpg
    IMG_20221114_210431396.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Hotpoint 9.4 from Lowe's. Paid about $400 two years ago but not fully complete until now. Will fit 6 corny's and maybe a mini corny or 2 on the hump. C02 tank in the closet next to it and line comes through to manifold on the wall. Ran lines through the side of the door and insulated with moldable weather stripping. Maybe will use some canned spray foam in those holes too. Drilling through the side created a bigger mess than expected, had to hose down the inside. I salvaged draft tower from my old kegerator that died. I used a hole saw drill attachment and drilled carefully near the led light. I then ran a pvc pipe that was a bit smaller than the ID of the draft tower for added support and insulation. Based on how hard it was to drill through the sheet metal on the top of the door, I didn't think a backing plate was needed and the door seems to be able to support the draft tower easily when the door is open. Changed out the taps with forward sealing intertap faucets with springs. One of the beer lines is set up to easily interchange with a sanke. The rest are using 3/16 ID beer line over 1/4 barbs so no clamps needed. Gas manifold has an extra line for brewing usage (incl ball lock QD) and an extra open-ended line for purging growlers. External Inkbird temp controller goes through the side of door as well. I keep the probe at the middle top of the door. It runs more frequently/shorter this way but I think this helps keep frost in check. Currently set to 40 deg for my ciders but hopefully a beer kit soon. I wanted to keep this kegerator simple but classy. Thanks for all the help I got on here!
1669214626870.png

1669212985814.png

1669213004252.png

1669213027659.png

1669213051368.png

1669213078638.png

1669213100175.png

1669213116332.png

1669213143286.png

Last edited:
Hotpoint 9.4 from Lowe's. Paid about $400 two years ago but not fully complete until now. Will fit 6 corny's and maybe a mini corny or 2 on the hump. C02 tank in the closet next to it and line comes through to manifold on the wall. Ran lines through the side of the door and insulated with moldable weather stripping. Maybe will use some canned spray foam in those holes too. Drilling through the side created a bigger mess than expected, had to hose down the inside. I salvaged draft tower from my old kegerator that died. I used a hole saw drill attachment and drilled carefully near the led light. I then ran a pvc pipe that was a bit smaller than the ID of the draft tower for added support and insulation. Based on how hard it was to drill through the sheet metal on the top of the door, I didn't think a backing plate was needed and the door seems to be able to support the draft tower easily when the door is open. Changed out the taps with forward sealing intertap faucets with springs. One of the beer lines is set up to easily interchange with a sanke. The rest are using 3/16 ID beer line over 1/4 barbs so no clamps needed. Gas manifold has an extra line for brewing usage (incl ball lock QD) and an extra open-ended line for purging growlers. External Inkbird temp controller goes through the side of door as well. I keep the probe at the middle top of the door. It runs more frequently/shorter this way but I think this helps keep frost in check. Currently set to 40 deg for my ciders but hopefully a beer kit soon. I wanted to keep this kegerator simple but classy. Thanks for all the help I got on here!
View attachment 792451
View attachment 792440
View attachment 792441
View attachment 792442
View attachment 792443
View attachment 792444
View attachment 792445
View attachment 792446
View attachment 792447
Very nice job! Nothing better than tap beer and a good place to keep it cold.

Thought I had the leaks taken care of, eliminated unnecessary connections in the setup, but I still wound up emptying a co2 tank over two days. Had a spare tank, decided to take the entire gas system and dunk it in a bucket of water to find the leaks...

Two sizeable leaks were detected from not having little flare fitting bushings where there is a metal-metal connection. Chock it up to the first time running into this issue before since I never used a distribution block before. Luckily, I purchased some of those bushings a long time ago, just in case. I think I've got the leaks taken care of.

since everyone is sharing...

Attachments

• 0722222011_HDR.jpg
    0722222011_HDR.jpg
  • 0722222017_HDR.jpg
    0722222017_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 0721221806_HDR.jpg
    0721221806_HDR.jpg
  • 0722222012_HDR.jpg
    0722222012_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 0722222011b_HDR.jpg
    0722222011b_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 0722222011a_HDR.jpg
    0722222011a_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 0721221954_HDR.jpg
    0721221954_HDR.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
That's hardly decked out for Christmas - over here every square inch of it would be decorated with some festive! My wife loves to decorate for every holiday.

Perhaps the freezer section door you could add a beer menu board. A black board would blend in real well.

That's hardly decked out for Christmas - over here every square inch of it would be decorated with some festive! My wife loves to decorate for every holiday.

Perhaps the freezer section door you could add a beer menu board. A black board would blend in real well.
Haha. I could go further, I know. I am generally and understated guy. I have had a can of chalkboard paint sitting on the bench in the garage for 3 months. The other thing I can be is super lazy. Haha. That’s also spurred on by just one tap. It will probably get the chalkboard when I add the second tap this weekend.

Haha. I could go further, I know. I am generally and understated guy. I have had a can of chalkboard paint sitting on the bench in the garage for 3 months. The other thing I can be is super lazy. Haha. That’s also spurred on by just one tap. It will probably get the chalkboard when I add the second tap this weekend.
With just one tap it's easy to remember what it is, but as you expand it's helpful for you and anyone else to have a clue. Plus, it's nice to show off your crafted beers. If you're handy with a writing instrument it could look real fancy. That's not me.

I can understand the lazy part but I just call being too busy with other things.

1673879436456.png

I bought a new GE energy star rated fridge to replace my old one. This one holds three kegs with the co2 bottle inside. Also got three new Intertap faucets with growler and ball lock post attachments. Makes filling bottles from the keg so much easier. I just hook up the QD to the ball lock post and then put a small cup behind the tap handle to hold it open because of the spring in the tap.

I finished making the tap handles, and am very happy with how they turned out. I made them from some cedar branches on my property.
IMG_20230118_081712159.jpg

I also made a couple shelves to fit more packaged beer. I still have plans to squeeze in two more kegs, including a 15gal Sankey of sparkling water for the wife, but this is where I'm at now. It doesn't feel nearly as big as when I first brought it home...
IMG_20230118_081839851.jpg

Picture of my "new" used beer tap tower. It came equipped with a gycol cooling line, I put a small container of water with a 200 GPH pond pump to recirculate cold water through the cooling line which broght down the beer temp 6 deg. Now the beer temp from my tap tower matches the beer temp from my beer fridge.

Attachments

• IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 0
Lol... Possibly!... I install beverage Systems... I own On-Site Beverage Service in cape cod. I am also the New England distributior for DRAFTec line cleaner as well as there brewery cleaner and sanitizer.
I figured you did this for a living!

My extremely basic "no BS" kegerator.
Note the very hightech solution to know what beer is at what tap...
When I get to rebuild the boile room in to a brewery in the coming years it will be placed in there, and I plan to this summer give it a facelift with some dark grey paint and a roller...

Attachments

• IMG_20230205_154525.jpg
    IMG_20230205_154525.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230205_154608.jpg
    IMG_20230205_154608.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230205_155107.jpg
    IMG_20230205_155107.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
My contribution.
Before this I had tube tower but I wanted to make maintenance and line changes easier so I made this. Next up some kind of labels to write beer names, chalkboard(s) maybe. Also need to order full size rubber carpet.

Kegerator holds two big and one small corny kegs. Liquid posts were not connected to kegs at the moment of taking photos.

Attachments

• 20230210_174447.jpg
    20230210_174447.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230210_174926.jpg
    20230210_174926.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230213_184556.jpg
    20230213_184556.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Back