rims beer brewing system question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarvinMarvin

Reaction score
Hi all,

As you can see I am new to the forum. I'm pretty new to forums in general, and don't have much computer experience, so please bear with me.

I've been brewing beer for a few years (gradually getting better) and I would like to build up a better system. I was thinking about building a system such as this one:

Could any of you let me know what you think about the equipment shown? Specifically I'm wondering if there are alternatives to the temperature controller (e.g. other similar models that might be either higher quality or lower price). Also, might you have any suggestions for a good low cost pump?

Thanks in advance. Happy Holidays.

Marv

P.S. I also had a question about the head of some of my beers. They occasionally get very thin and break up into small floaters/islands. Do any of you know what causes that, or how it could be prevented? I'd like to post a picture, but can't figure out how. Is that possible, or do you know what I'm talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't see the video as US gubment confusers don't like you tube.

But the March 809 is pretty much the staple when it comes to home brewers. You can find them here for $139.99. They usually have the lowest prices on them.

Again, not sure what is on the system in the video, but a lot of people are using these controllers. They run $44.50.

Hope that helps.

Back