Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was very long, but I did read. :p

Unfortunately, your analogies to previous DA releases mean nothing to me because I have never played the game. Like you, lacking in things to keep my interest, I started looking at DA:I as it seems similar to Skyrim.

Your review has been helpful.

I just hope I can make it through one complete play through before I get the new character bug. I have a disgusting amount of time put into Skyrim and I've never "beat the game". I'll just be running around plugging things with arrows and then it hits me, "Oh man I need to make a mage...." funk. There goes another few days.

So I have this "friend" whose 6 year old son talked him into buying Five Nights at Freddie's 2. I went, I mean he went into this game not knowing anything about it. At first I, again I mean he, was like "wow you just sit here and look at cameras and keep a music box wound".

Then BAM! An evil ass looking fox animatronic jumps out and Game Over. This game kind of freaked me, I mean my friend out. I bet "he" needs a beer.

So I have this "friend" whose 6 year old son talked into buying Five Nights at Freddie's 2. I went, I mean he went into this game not knowing anything about it. At first I, again I mean he, was lie wow you just sit here and look at cameras and keep a music box wound.

Then BAM! an evil ass looking fox animatronic jumps out and Game Over. This game kind of freaked me, I mean my friend out. I bet "he" needs a beer.

:drunk:

I was excited for Shadows of Mordor to come out on the PS3 (don't have a PS4) but after seeing how terrible the graphics are on the PS3 version, I think I might just skip it and wait til I do pick up a PS4 sometime later down the road.

So I have this "friend" whose 6 year old son talked him into buying Five Nights at Freddie's 2. I went, I mean he went into this game not knowing anything about it. At first I, again I mean he, was like "wow you just sit here and look at cameras and keep a music box wound".

Then BAM! An evil ass looking fox animatronic jumps out and Game Over. This game kind of freaked me, I mean my friend out. I bet "he" needs a beer.

5 nights is a scary game. Simple but scary.

Been playing a lot of Sunset Overdrive. Amazing game. Going to play GTA V on the One and Master Chief Collection soon.

Wasn't going to, but work is horribly slow during the holidays and I had a few beers for lunch so my attention is fading:

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Multiplayer

Turns out its 4 player coop mission style for those who may have been wondering. So its not competitive BS where the guy with the better connection wins. Lots of classes. Lots of customization. There are only 4 maps but they seem to be somewhat randomized. Regardless, the mission is always the same. Make it through 4 doors to fight the boss and his wave of monsters at the end, collect a large reward and sometimes random loot.

If they add a map or new gear in the future, this has a lot of replay potential. Definitely a nice addition to the DA series, especially if you have people on your friends list. Unlike me.

I am finally to the lvl20 cap on Destiny and it has become even less interesting, IMO. Can't do crap in crucible without getting destroyed by higher level players, and do not have any legendary level weaponry. All I can do is grind levels for meager weapon upgrades. Have tried doing levels above my pay grade and it just isn't worth the grind finding myself depleted of ammo at every corner.

I generally do not look to internet for tips on games because it feels like cheating to me but I had to on this, and now I find that I have to either keep grinding or join another group with a better chance of giving higher end weaponry. Ugh.

I'm FPS stuck! Love the "accuracy" aspect of Destiny but hate the grind aspect to feel productive. Then there is Borderlands where you loot into higher end weapons but have to grind your way into a level of accuracy.

I am finally to the lvl20 cap on Destiny and it has become even less interesting, IMO. Can't do crap in crucible without getting destroyed by higher level players, and do not have any legendary level weaponry. All I can do is grind levels for meager weapon upgrades. Have tried doing levels above my pay grade and it just isn't worth the grind finding myself depleted of ammo at every corner.

I generally do not look to internet for tips on games because it feels like cheating to me but I had to on this, and now I find that I have to either keep grinding or join another group with a better chance of giving higher end weaponry. Ugh.

I'm FPS stuck! Love the "accuracy" aspect of Destiny but hate the grind aspect to feel productive. Then there is Borderlands where you loot into higher end weapons but have to grind your way into a level of accuracy.

I feel for you. Destiny was dead to me after one weekend. It took me about a day and a half to get to 20, did a few crucible events and got better items than I did from any PVE. The PVP items I got made the PVE events even easier. One weekend and I was already bored. There needs to be a distinction, something more than aesthetics, between PVE and PVP gear.

Call of Duty is the same old connection based BS if you want to compete.

Battlefield 4 is the only constant in my life when it comes to a first person shooter. I've had it since release and I keep going back and still end up having unforgettable nights that somehow include either, my buddy driving a tank while I sit in the turret screaming at him which way to go.. or me trying to drunkenly pilot a helicopter with him yelling at me to not crash it.

Good times.

I feel for you. Destiny was dead to me after one weekend. It took me about a day and a half to get to 20, did a few crucible events and got better items than I did from any PVE. The PVP items I got made the PVE events even easier. One weekend and I was already bored. There needs to be a distinction, something more than aesthetics, between PVE and PVP gear.

Call of Duty is the same old connection based BS if you want to compete.

Battlefield 4 is the only constant in my life when it comes to a first person shooter. I've had it since release and I keep going back and still end up having unforgettable nights that somehow include either, my buddy driving a tank while I sit in the turret screaming at him which way to go.. or me trying to drunkenly pilot a helicopter with him yelling at me to not crash it.

Good times.

I have Battlefield. Not sure which tho'. 3, I think. Got stuck in a section where I just could not find the objective and move on. Was the edition that came out about the same time as COD:MW. I like campaign modes and COD campaign was lacking.

Destiny was problem the most disappointing game I have ever played. My friend loved it and convinced me to get it. Spent $60, played it for 3 or 4 hours and never picked it up again. I tried to like it but it sucked. The actual story was crap. The campaign and leveling was just grinding all on the same maps with the same objectives. It was just terrible. Online wasn't terrible when I played it but I didn't like how higher level players could kill you so easily. Online should either be different from your regular character or have ranked play so you play people on the same level as you. I think it may be the worst $60 I have ever played.

I am a huge COD fan. I an go online and play 30 minutes and not worry about playing someone higher level than me or worry about grinding levels. Higher levels do get you different weapons and gear but it doesn't mean you are better. I have COD:AW and have been playing it since it came out and still use the first gun they give you. Though I do have a lot of problems with COD:AW being laggy and slow on menus which has almost made me return the game (but that is a different issue).

I have a never played copy of Destiny on the PS3 is anyone wants it...cheap.

Snagged an Xbox One off of Amazon today. I was going to get the Wal-Mart online deal for the Xbox w/Halo MCC for $380 so I (errr wife) didn't have to stand in line at the store for their $330 deal. Online at Wal-Mart included a 12 month subscription while the in-store was a $30 gift card. Online sold out before I even woke up.

Amazon had a $330 offer for the Xbox One with a different game, but would include 12 month sub for free and two other games. Picked up the Halo MCC game for $50. I saved $8 compared to the in store price, didn't wait in line and if I can sell the three games I don't want, can be even further ahead.

Wal-Mart

$330 - Console with Halo MCC bundle
$60 - Xbox Live Gold Membership
$29 - 7.4% tax
$419 - Total
-$30 - Gift card that I can use later

$389 - Total (Might have had it today, but if not, could be weeks or more)

Amazon

$330 - Console with three stupid games, but free 12 month sub
$51 - Halo MCC
$0 - Shipping/Taxes

$381 - Total (Didn't get it today, but will be delivered next week)

holy hell have I been gone for a while. where to start
won an xbox one last yr in the mountain dew contest/auction
have bf4, destiny, ryse, cod:aw for it. bf4 is good if you've been playing the series but if you are newcomer to the game it is frustrating for game controls(still cant fly anything). destiny is a good game but the maps could be bigger and or segregated so strike missions don't run through the same areas as patrols screw around areas. ryse is nopt worth the disc its stamped on. CoD:AW is just ok for the MP side(I have prestige so I did play for a while) but the campaign is the best ive seen in a while. still haven't finished it mostly because I find myself going back to the 360 to play MW3.

the xbone itself has some quirks that I dislike and some I do.
party hookups and dashboard suck. game and party invite acceptance is nice with just holding the xbox button.
the dvd/bluray player is definitely the worst thing as far as failure of the system goes. 2 buddies of mine have had to send their dayone edition in for repair of it and mine sometimes sounds like its trying to reach orbit.

anyone wants im dampestprism68

Arrgggh. Xbox One showed up, but no game (Halo MCC) to play. :( I did get Assassin's Creed with the console, but I don't want to play it. Trying to give it away on Craigslist.

Anyone remember Intelligent Qube from the Playstation days? Wife was talking about it and I found an emulator for the Wii that I was able to install in order to play this game. Out of all of the games we have ever played, I will say she kicks my butt at this.

Looks like I'll have to read up on this thread. Santa is bringing my daughter an Xbox 360.

Aparently she and her best friend pretend they are security guards in Five Nights At Freddy's at recess.

My kid the comedian. Her best friend is the horror/monster genre freak.

Just started playing FarCry4. Its good so far. looks really good on my 1440p IPS monitor and gtx980.

Just started playing FarCry4. Its good so far. looks really good on my 1440p IPS monitor and gtx980.

I never played the Farcry series but picked up FarCry3 on steam the other day for $5. Been addicted to this game, love it.

How does FarCry4 compare?

I never played the Farcry series but picked up FarCry3 on steam the other day for $5. Been addicted to this game, love it.

How does FarCry4 compare?

Gameplay is the same as FarCry 3. Its basically feels like FarCry3 with a different story and characters.

My son just got COD:AW. Cool game typically short campaign. What amazes me is the mouth on some of these kids. I'm hoping the parents aren't in earshot over the alternatives.

I liked it better when you had to push a button to talk. Open mic and kids just doesn't go well with an energetic squirmy kid has been playing in his room all day.

I liked it better when you had to push a button to talk. Open mic and kids just doesn't go well with an energetic squirmy kid has been playing in his room all day.

I always mute all right away. I only put my mic on when playing with friends.

I always mute all right away. I only put my mic on when playing with friends.

The mic that came with my Xbox one is still in its little sealed bag. Might bust it out if I get halo.

Anyone else love the walking dead season one and two games? After playing cod, bf and a plethora of other games where story gets tacked on last, it's nice to play a game where I give all the craps I can about what's going on

The mic that came with my Xbox one is still in its little sealed bag. Might bust it out if I get halo.

Anyone else love the walking dead season one and two games? After playing cod, bf and a plethora of other games where story gets tacked on last, it's nice to play a game where I give all the craps I can about what's going on

Part one is stellar. Pt 2 is a big step down but still great.

If you like them look into The Wolf Amongst Us. Same style game set in the Fables universe. Which is a great comic. I thought it was better than pt 2 but not quite as good as pt 1

Much like The Walking Dead though, you don't need to read the comics to follow the game.

Steam Winter Sale underway!!!

edco76 if anyone wants to add me.

Yay! time to buy a bunch of games that I always wanted to play yet will never have time to.

mredge73 if anyone wants to add me.

Also, I must recommend space engineers again. Especially with it being half off right now. This game is a sandbox; you can make whatever game you want out of it. I like the survival no rules servers; fight the game engine, fight the environment, fight each other.

I got Counterstrike for $10 yesterday. I had no idea they still make that game. The video looked real good, kinda like CoD4.

I got Counterstrike for $10 yesterday. I had no idea they still make that game. The video looked real good, kinda like CoD4.

add me, we will play some time. Steam name: stickEfangaZ
Gamename: DarthCitra

Anyone buy anything fun during the sale?

I bought Lego Lord of the Rings, Castle Crashers and Damned. Damned is a pretty funny game to play with friends. A little buggy at first but I got it to work well with some video card settings. Basically a first person game with 4 people trying to escape and 1 monster trying to kill them. It has a horror theme to it which makes it fun trying to scare people as the monster.

Joust - Williams Electronics Inc.
Published by Atarisoft Developed by Williams Electronics Inc. Released 1983 Also For Apple II, Arcade, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Atari 8-bit, Atari ST, Lynx, Macintosh, NES, Palm OS, Xbox 360 Genre Action Perspective 3rd-Person Perspective, Platform Theme ArcadeDescription In Joust, players take control of a knight with a lance who rides their flying ostrich (or stork, for Player 2) to do battle against computer-controlled evil knights who ride atop vultures..

Good god...... what have you done. Gauntlet? Goldenaxe!? Oh boy..

Joust - Williams Electronics Inc.
Published by Atarisoft Developed by Williams Electronics Inc. Released 1983 Also For Apple II, Arcade, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Atari 8-bit, Atari ST, Lynx, Macintosh, NES, Palm OS, Xbox 360 Genre Action Perspective 3rd-Person Perspective, Platform Theme ArcadeDescription In Joust, players take control of a knight with a lance who rides their flying ostrich (or stork, for Player 2) to do battle against computer-controlled evil knights who ride atop vultures..

Good god...... what have you done. Gauntlet? Goldenaxe!? Oh boy..

I was up until an unfortunate hour playing Scorched Earth.

And my wife spent much of the evening last night playing Hocus Pocus.

Yep. Can o f***ing worms, this one is.

I was up until an unfortunate hour playing Scorched Earth.

And my wife spent much of the evening last night playing Hocus Pocus.

Yep. Can o f***ing worms, this one is.

I just scanned through at least 30 pages of that list. I just... I can't even...

I have to quit my job.

I have friends across Canada and the United States .. as such, I tell them about some of our local mini-brews available here and they would love to try them as well.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for shipping regulations of beer (bottles / cans / whatever) across provinces and across states?

I probably shouldn't have read this. I loovvveed Scorched Earth. I won't try it until the weekend though. I'd spend way too much time playing it.

So beat Far Cry 4. was good but main story sucks. overall the game is awesome though cause of the side stuff you can do and i love taking over outposts.

Also just beat Shadow of Mordor. Great game but its very short... even doing all the side stuff the game feels short as hell. glad i got it on sale.

Started playing this war of mine. its super depressing so i stopped. shows the collateral side of the war and ppl trying to survive.

Not sure what to play now.... maybe ill jsut wait for GTA V on PC>

Back